Raw Food Switzerland / Rohkost Treffen Schweiz Message Board › where to get young coconuts in Zurich?

where to get young coconuts in Zurich?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knows where to get young coconuts in Zurich. Someone once told me there was a food shop near the Langstrasse where she got hers, but I didn't get the name of the shop. Does anyone know? Or can you recommend somewhere to order them online?
Rafael J.
user 5349341
Group Organizer
Luzern, CH
Post #: 15
Hi Elisa, young coconuts are not very easy to find in Switzerland. Your best bet is to check Asian (i.e. Chinese or Thai) grocery shops, they usually carry them. I don't live in Zurich so I can't recommend a particular one, but I'm sure there are several shops throughout the city.

If you want to order young coconuts online, you can find them at tropcial fruit importers like Orkos.com. All their products are VERY good quality and truly raw.

I hope that helps. :-)

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Rafael,

Thank you, I will take some time and look for them in Asian shops around Zurich as you suggested.

BTW, I heard there is a really fabulous farm near Luzern that sells all kinds of sprouts in addition to veggies, do you happen to know something like that? I had a friend who went there every week to get her sprouts, but she no longer lives here so I can't ask her. I saw you live in Luzern, I thought I might ask on the off-chance that you know it :-)

Cheers
Elisa
Rafael J.
user 5349341
Group Organizer
Luzern, CH
Post #: 16
Hi Elisa

I think I know the farm you're talking about: Biohof Widacher at biohofwidacher.ch
They sell a large selection of fresh produce as well as sprouts and even wheatgrass at the farmer's market in Lucerne. I shop there whenever I can for myself as well as for my raw food seminars. What I love about this farm is that they not only practice organic but also veganic farming. This means no animal manure is used to grow the food, only plant compost. It's a truly cruelty-free and sustainable way of doing agriculture. :-)

Moreover, they are open to new ideas and products and recently started selling Green Smoothies and fresh veggie juices.

A former member
Post #: 3
Yes, that's it!
Thank you so much Rafael!