This is a family-owned farm operating in the historic Redland growing area in Dade county Florida. They have over 1,000 tropical trees on their farm. Specializing in Golden Passion fruit, Longans, Lychees, Guava, Carambola, and Dragon Fruit.
They sell their fruit directly to the public and offer a u-pic when available.
The regular rate is tour rate $12 per person and includes a basket of fruit.
If six people want to team up, Farmer Bob will give you a rate of $8 per person, but it only includes one basket of fruit to split between all of you. Let me know if you want to do that, so I can give him a heads up.
I have 4 people that paid me the Groupon rate of $5, and I have space for one more at that rate. This does not include the basket of fruit. Please let me know if you wish to join me at that rate.
Carpoolers! Let's meet in a central location, say the Sunrise Park & Ride Sunrise, FL 33323, where we can leave the cars and all go together onto I-75 down to Homestead. I suggest getting there at 1:00 to get situated and leave promptly at 1:15 PM. It takes a little over an hour and includes toll. Here are the directions from Google maps:
Driving directions to Fresh Gardens
This route has tolls. Sunrise Park & Ride United States
1. Head east 230 ft
2. Turn left toward NW 136th Ave 184 ft
3. Take the 1st right toward NW 136th Ave 164 ft
4. Take the 1st right onto NW 136th Ave 0.6 mi
5. Take the 3rd right onto W Sunrise Blvd 0.8 mi
6. Take the ramp to I-75/Miami 0.5 mi
7. Merge onto FL-869 S2.1 mi
8. Merge onto I-75 S 11.6 mi
9. Take exit 5 for Florida's Turnpike S toward Key WToll road 0.5 mi
10. Merge onto Florida 821 Toll S/Homestead Extension of Florida's TurnpikePartial toll road 38.7 mi
11. Take exit 1 for US-1 Ntoward Florida CityToll road 0.2 mi
12. Turn right onto U.S. 1/NE 1st AveContinue to follow U.S. 10.9 mi
13. Turn left onto E Mowry Dr 2.1 mi
14. Turn right onto SW 194th Ave 0.3 mi
Fresh Gardens 4 th Ln Homestead, FL 33030
Please call me or email me if you have any questions or concerns: Leisa[masked]