June 2, 2013 · 3:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
We invite you to join us for a special afternoon of food, fun, and health empowering information. This potluck will help inspire you to grow your own food. Dr SAM and Shannon will lead a group discussion regarding:
- Tips on getting started in growing fruits and vegetables and basic backyard organic gardening
- The importance of supporting local farmers and how to obtain quality locally grown food
- Strategies to succeed if you have limited space for growing your own food
- Learn the one KEY element for successful gardening
We will tour Dr SAM’s backyard fruit orchard and organic garden.
After the garden tour, we will enjoy a picnic in Dr SAM’s backyard. Please bring your own picnic blanket or lawn chairs.
What to bring:
• A raw, preferably organic, dish for 8-10 servings. Bring a dish that you've made yourself or picked up at Life Grocery, Sevananda or Return to Eden. Have fun and get creative! Please feel free to bring simple dishes. Bowls of fruit and salads are welcome additions to our potlucks!
• An index card with your name and recipe (or at least the list of ingredients). Let us know what is and isn't organic.
• Your own plate, cup and eating utensils (to minimize trash and stay green). Serving utensils.
• A picnic blanket or lawn chairs.
• Your relaxed self (and possibly a friend or two). Well-behaved, closely supervised children are also welcome.
The $5.00 meeting fee is appreciated and helps cover the cost of website dues, supplies, clean up and miscellaneous expenses!
Please RSVP for this event - but ONLY respond "YES" if you plan to attend! This is a highly requested topic and this event is being held in a sacred space. This event will fill up fast and once they are at capacity, the additional RSVP's roll into an automated waiting list. When someone changes their RSVP due to a schedule conflict, the person at the top of the waiting list is automatically added to the list of attendees. If your schedule changes and you cannot attend, please be considerate and change your RSVP as soon as you know, so that you are not preventing someone else from attending.
We regularly have people who RSVP and do not attend the event. As a result we are implementing a policy of removing those from the group who regularly RSVP and do not attend, so please make sure to ONLY RSVP if you are going to attend this event.
Thank you! We'll see you there!
Dr SAM and Shannon, Your Raw Food & Beyond Atlanta Organizers