at Café Life
Sunday, December 16, 2012
from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Come join members of the “Alive at Life,” “Raw Food and Beyond Atlanta,”
and “Exploring Raw Foods Atlanta” Meetup groups
when we come together for a Raw Holiday Celebration,
Potluck, and Collection Drive for “Project Live Love”*
at Café Life located in Life Grocery
1453 Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30062
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your own lovingly prepared raw, preferably organic, dish for 8-10 servings. Bring a dish that you've made yourself or picked up at Life Grocery. Fruit and salads are always welcomed additions to our potlucks!
- Please bring an index card with your name and recipe (or at least the list of ingredients) legibly written. (Recipes/ingredients will be typed and posted on our message board.) Please let us know what is and isn't organic.
- Your own plate, cup and eating and serving utensils (to minimize trash and stay green).
- Your relaxed self (and possibly a friend or two) and be ready to learn, share, and enjoy vibrant, delicious food with like-minded individuals! Well-behaved, closely supervised children are also welcome.
This event is FREE! However, you must RSVP to attend. If you are a member of more than one of these groups, please RSVP to only one group so that we can get an accurate count. If our guest list is full, check with the other group before responding here (to avoid being placed on our waitlist). Lastly, only respond "YES" if you plan to attend! This potluck will fill up fast and once it's at capacity, the additional RSVP's roll into automated waiting lists. If your schedule changes and you cannot attend, please be considerate and change your RSVP so that you don't prevent someone else from attending. Thank you!
*Collection Drive for “Project Live Love”
Project Live Love (http://projectlivelove.com/) is a non-profit organization designed to influence culture through love in action by engaging, networking, and mobilizing people who are motivated by love. Project Live Love provides hands on opportunities for individuals to serve others. They partner with individuals, corporations, social organizations, churches, and schools that desire to put their love in motion. They provide opportunities for them to do so by creating programs and projects that are based on local community needs and work on today’s social issues. (i.e. homelessness, sex trafficking, drug and alcohol rehabilitation and more).
Every night that the temperature drops below freezing, volunteers from Project Live Love gather to distribute warm clothing and blankets to the homeless on the streets of Atlanta.
Items needed include:
- Clothing (coats, jackets, socks, shoes, gloves, scarves, and hats - can be gently worn)
- Blankets, sleeping bags (can be gently used)
- Hand and Foot Warmers
***Donations are not required to attend the potluck however anyone who does bring a donation will be registered to win one of 2 $10.00 Life Grocery gift certificates!.***
We look forward to seeing you there!
Ronnie, Paula, Dr. SAM and Shannon-Your Raw Food Organizers