Announcing a new Meetup for Raw Food Atlanta!
What: Deck the Raw Holiday Potluck at Cafe Life
When: December 20,[masked]:00 PM
Life Grocery & Caf? Life
1453 Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30062
[masked]Deck the Raw Holiday Potluck at Caf? Life
Come join members of the "Raw Food Atlanta," "Alive at Life" and "Raw at the River" Meetup groups when we come together for another raw holiday celebration at Cafe Life in Life Grocery from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.What to bring:
Collection Drive for "7 Bridges to Recovery"
- Your own lovingly prepared raw, preferably organic, dish for 8-10 servings. Bring a dish that you've made yourself or picked up at Life Grocery. Have fun and get creative!
- An index card with your name and recipe (or at least the list of ingredients). Let us know what is and isn't organic.
- Your own plate, cup and eating utensils (to minimize trash and stay green).
- Serving utensils.
- Your relaxed self (and possibly a friend or two) and be ready to learn, share, and enjoy vibrant, delicious food with like-minded individuals! Well-behaved, closely supervised children are also welcome.
- A donation for "7 Bridges to Recovery" (see below).
The donations will be distributed by The River Church (where "Raw at the River" meets), which is part of an in-town ministry called "7 Bridges to Recovery". Items needed include:
7 BRIDGES (www.7bridgestorecovery.org) is a non-profit ministry rescuing the last, the lost and the least from the streets of Atlanta and beyond. Their Vision & Desire is that those who are rescued will someday be the ones doing the rescuing. We are now beginning to see this modeled in the lives of the men and women that once lived under the bridges and in difficult life situations.
- Non perishable food which can easily be opened (fruit, applesauce, etc. in pop-top cans, chips, snack bags, cracker packages, small bottled water - membership shopping clubs have quantity sizes that are inexpensive.)
- Clothing (coats, socks, shoes, gloves, hats - can be gently worn),
- Blankets, sleeping bags (can be gently used),
- Hygiene Kits (soap, razor, qtips, toothpaste, toothbrush, washcloth, deodorant, feminine products, shampoo, conditioner, etc.).
In addition to hosting this event, Life Grocery will donate 5% of their sales (including gift certificate purchases)
during the hours of 3-6 pm on this day to 7 Bridges to Recovery. This would be a great time to stock up on your raw ingredients and favorite snack foods to head into the holidays well prepared to eat right!
There is no other charge for event! However, you must RSVP to attend.
If you are a member of more than one of these groups, please RSVP to just one group so that we can get an accurate count. If our guest list is full, check with the other two groups before responding here (to avoid being placed on our waitlist). Lastly, only respond "YES" if you plan to attend! This potluck will fill up fast and once it's at capacity, the additional RSVP's roll into automated waiting lists. If your schedule changes and you cannot attend, please be considerate and change your RSVP so that you don't prevent someone else from attending. Thank you!
Whatever you celebrate in December (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice or New Year's!) we hope you will come celebrate with us! We look forward to seeing you at Cafe Life!
Terri & Sam
Your Raw Food Atlanta Organizers
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/rawfoodresource/calendar/11976890/