Raw Sarasota Message Board › HELP!

HELP!

A former member
Post #: 6
My nephew is on the verge of a possible autism diagnosis possibly from vaccinations.
His Mom is really trying to start eliminating items in his diet - dairy and gluten to start and organic everything else - can we help her!

She is looking for a book called Dairy Free Made Easy By Alisa Marie Flemiing - this book on Amazon is $299.99 - DON'T KNOWWHY?????????? It is from a website called dairyfree.org - I know we are all interested in RAW but can we help find this book we have looked everywhere and it is sold out - we do have a copy online she can use if needed but we would both prefer to have the book in hand and hopefully they will eventually be 100% RAW!

He finds it hard to swallow so she has to start with soft foods - she is also having trouble finding gluten free and dairy free bread - any suggestions?
T
hanX SOOOO MUCH,
Natasha :0)
A former member
Post #: 9
Hi Natasha,

That price for the book is ridiculous, and I have a hard time imagining that the information contained within would be so exclusive as to warrant the price. My knowledge of autism is limited, but from what I understand the removing gluten and dairy is part of an effort to control Candida/Leaky Gut, so researching these terms make provide her with more insight. Our local library has several good books on this, and of course adding as many raw foods as possible would be helpful, since they are all dairy and gluten free!

Ezekiel 4:9 Breads might be an option, here's a link:https://www.foodforli...­

Not sure how old this little one is, but for soft foods, just start sticking things in the blender! My babes hustle to the kitchen everytime they hear it turn on, in hopes that a green smoothie is on it's way.

Best of Luck,

Kate
A former member
Post #: 30
Hi, Natasha -- I have to be gluten/casein free (casein free means totally dairy free) so I kind of keep an eye out for this kind of thing. I like "The Kid Friendly ADHD & Autism Cookbook: The ultimate guide to the gluten-free, casein free diet; what it is, why it works and how to do it" by Pamela J. Compart, MD and Dana Laake, R.D.H., M.S., L.D.N.

It has some flaws but it includes a lot of useful info on non-food exposure sources to these things too which is important.

It's not vegan and it's not raw (although there are dishes of each in there) but it has stuff kids would like.

Have a look at reviews on Amazon and see what you think!

Best wishes to you!

Joan
A former member
Post #: 18
I did some research and think you've been looking for it in the wrong place. Hopefully this will help.

I found it here for $19.99.

I suspect the other must be a different program or something older.

Good luck.

Monica