Raw Sarasota Message Board › Juice Fasting

Juice Fasting

A former member
Post #: 1
I just started my first juice fast and am on day 3. Intuitively I felt my body, mind and spirit needed it so I'm listening and working in harmony with that.

In researching it I found that many people fast around this time of year and was wondering if anyone else was doing it and wanted to share their experience and/or encouragement.

Other than a few cravings (and some dreams about eating food lol) things are going great and I'm feeling good.

Light & Love,

Keith
Cheryl C.
CherylChaffee
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 1
Hi Keith, nice to "meet" you.

My husband and I did a lemonade master cleanse in January and we loved it. Not only did it help us detoxify our bodies, but all kinds of emotional junk got flushed out as well. We feel great, and are looking forward to doing another fast this summer.

I think that days 3 and 4 were the hardest for me. After that, it got much easier. I did 10 days, and my sweetie went for 14.

It's great that you are listening to your body. You will know when it is time to come off the fast if you stay in tune with it.

Peace,
Cheryl
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Cheryl. It's day 4 and I'm doing pretty good. So far days 2 & 3 have been the hardest for me.

I've done a lot of healing work over the past few years so I'm really interested to see what other emotional issues that I may not have been aware of come up. It'll be nice to clean everything out. It's going to be an interesting fast. :)

Totally with ya on listening to my body. My goal is 30 days but if my body tells me that it's time to break the fast I'll be sure to do that.

Light & love,

Keith
Jenna
JennaRAW
Group Organizer
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 188
Hi, Keith. Congrats on doing this!

I just came off 60 days on a juice feast, which has a very specific protocol: http://www.JuiceFeast...­ & an MD's stamp of approval. I wouldn't suggest doing a long period of juicing without some guidance. And definitely focus on green juices, not fruit juices. It can be damaging to take in a lot of fruit juice (because of the high sugar content) without the fiber that would normally go along with it.

I had a wonderful experience. I resolved a lot of health issues. Now my challenge is maintaining an optimum diet.

Best wishes to you!
Jenna

http://www.JennaNorwo...­
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Jenna. Wow 60 days, that's great. Congrats on resolving your health issues.

It's day 9 and things are going great. The entire process has been wonderful from from a mind, body and spirit standpoint with the greatest gains being spiritual which was my main motivation for starting this.

I'm with ya on sticking mostly to green juices which I'm doing for the reasons you mentioned and it's working out very well.

Light and Love,

Keith
A former member
Post #: 4
Well it's day 15 and things are going great. I'm way past the point of realizing that I don't need solid food and it's nice not to have any cravings. I've even found that I enjoy the aroma of food immensely as the need, or trigger, to consume it is no longer there.

I've been amazed at my increase in clarity of thought, increase in spiritual connection and awareness, and over all increase in energy and positive feeling. Oh and definitely love the fact that I'll need to replace my wardrobe soon. :)

I'm SO glad I did this.
A former member
Post #: 5
It's day 19 and 2 new benefits have been realized.

1. I've been able to completely get of off OTC sinus pills. (still using an occasional blast of nasal spray but that's going away)

2. Eye sight has improved to the point where I'm no longer considering scheduling an eye exam for glasses!!!!

Less than 11 days to go!!!!
A former member
Fantastic Keith- Im so happy for you! Thanks for posting your journey.
A former member
You "guys" are my heroes/heroines. What an inspiration!

I am considering going on a fast, but not sure for how long. Jenna, I will check out the feasting site. I want to give my diabetes a boost to leave. I no longer want to call it mine. I am now taking one dose of meds./week, down from one dose twice/day. I check my blood sugar regularly and adjust my meds. accordingly. I recently cut out all sugars subs. including agave and honey which I imagined fed my sugar addiction. It did take a couple of days to quit feeling a bit grumpy. I will cut down my fruit intake over a week and then start the juice fast/feast. I am looking forward to the spiritual journey.

Congrats Jenna and Keith!
A former member
Post #: 6
Thanks, and good for you for taking control of your life and health! :) You'll have to let us know how things go with your fast.