Raw Sarasota Message Board › VITA-MIX

VITA-MIX

Ellen Jaffe J.
EllenJaffeJones
Bradenton Beach, FL
Post #: 4
Almost as soon as the BPA controversy went very public, thanks to the Environmental Working Group, and my former Miami colleage Brain Ross began reporting their findings on ABC News, Vitamix joined a growing number of companies to go BPA free. All their containers are free now. I assume most other companies are too, but if they don't say it, you should ask.
Vitamix has great customer service if there are problems. But Gabrielle asks some excellent questions that I haven't researched lately, so I'd be curious to know the answers too. Most of these powerful blenders cause me to close my ears if I'm close by to them while processing. Or I walk into another room. I think the decibel level is pretty high, and as you get older, this is more of a concern than when I could care less 20 years ago. ;)
Dwight P.
user 5978539
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 4
I have a friend with a "health food" store, she has a juice bar and the juicer was crazy loud. She bought a kind of box for it to reduce the noise, the top would lift back and then you would snap it shut after you started it.
Peg N.
user 10187977
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 3
This is the 3rd time I've received these same messages. Once is enough.....
Ellen Jaffe J.
EllenJaffeJones
Bradenton Beach, FL
Post #: 5
Before Jamba Juice closed on Cortez :( they had a whole bank of Vitamixes that had those covers. But I think they only sell those to businesses, and if memory serves, it was one long enclosure, not one for each Vitamix. I've e-mailed them to ask if you can buy them as an individual. Will let you know if I hear anything, or if you know where you can get one, please advise.