addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Raw Sarasota Message Board › Raw cacao tree..yippee!

Raw cacao tree..yippee!

Karen & Danny L.
user 7839106
Black Mountain, NC
Post #: 1
WOW, I am so happppppy! I just came home from the annual tropical fruit sale. I purchased my DREAM tree...cacao. Yep, a chocolate tree full of buds that will evolve into a large squash like fruit containing raw cacao almond sized beans. After sun roasting, the beans can be eaten raw, crushed as nibs or powdered for cacao powder. MOVE over Hershey's!!!
I will keep you posted...I am so excited to share this experience with my Earth Angel GREEN preschool kiddos!!!
Peg N.
ilikemu
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 1
Good for you. When we moved into our house in 2001, the first thing we did was to plant two orange trees and a Key Lime tree. Then we added bananas and a carambola (star fruit) that is producing an incredible crop of large and sweet fruit that ends up being thrown away as I can't eat that much. We inherited a Bahr lemon tree that produces bushels of large and tasty lemons.

Anyone interested in any of this type of fruit is welcome to have all they want. I can be reached after the 10th of October. Needless to say, all this is organic.

Peg
Jenna
JennaRAW
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 189
That's wonderful, Peg. And thank you for your generosity in sharing the fruits of your labor!

Jenna : )
Tami
user 10228662
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 11
How's the tree doing? I've considered one - they say they can handle shade.