Raw Sarasota Message Board › Raw Support Group

Raw Support Group

Rick K.
user 9554425
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 4
Hi, Everyone,
Would anyone be interested in starting a raw support group? Here are my rough ideas. I'd love to hear anyone else's ideas too.
A support group -- free of charge -- that meets every week? two weeks? month? open to anyone who is either 100 percent raw or aspires to be 100 percent raw. We could have a potluck and then talk about our challenges, fears, experience, strength, and hope. We could also pass around a piece of paper and whoever wants to share their email and/or phone number could put it on. Then we could call or email each other when in need of encouragement/support.
As long as it's small enough to have at homes of group members, we can keep it free. If it gets too big, we could talk to places that tend to rent out for support groups, and have a small fee that covers rent.
Warmly,
Gabrielle
Peg N.
user 10187977
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 10
I know I would be interested and we could talk about it on Sunday at the potluck. I also have a new member who is very interested in 'raw' and will be coming Sunday.
Peg
Vajra D.
VajraDeutsch
Venice, FL
Post #: 6
If I were staying in Florida I would definitely be interested in such a support group though I am far from 98% raw.
My girl friend Melinda - and it looks like she will be able to drive across the state to be with us on Sunday - is a very active raw foodist and sponsors get togethers, teaching days and many events in upstate NY where she has been living for 6 years.
Visit her website Raw-Wisdom.com and you will find videos on how to grow wheatgrass & sprouts, make various potions, interviews with raw chefs, teachers, nationally known figures in the movement (think they did an interview with Jenna at one point), her juicefast, her visits to Hypocrites, even one of our trip through Selby gardens when she was here 2 weeks ago. If she does come Sunday she will probably video/photograph a portion of our meet-up for other Raw foodist to enjoy. She will be in Florida for the next 3 months and could be a resource for your support group.
HOw many are there of us who are coming this Sunday? Any Idea?
Looking forward to meeting you all,
Vajra
Peg N.
user 10187977
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 12
I have counted about 18 to 20 thus far. I posted my address and directions on what appears to be the message board of the raw food group, and hoped to see it here. Don't see any of the earlier posts, so wonder what gives?
Peg