Raw Sarasota Message Board › buying club

buying club

erika
user 9582693
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 3
hey gals/guys>
There's gonna have to be a few more people to show their interest in a buying club, if we're gonna get one going. Right now, I love what Michelle is doing in Passion for Produce!!!! She has a buying club, all organic!! Still, if you have ideas or you're looking for certain exotics or rare/unique thangs, tell me, I'm open to it ALL!
A former member
Post #: 8
Thanks Erika. I am open to getting more interesting/unique items as well as more locally grown. I am working on supporting those already growing organic as well as looking for others..(i.e recently bought avocados and carambola from a local grower who's been growing organically for over 10 years!).
I have recently built an aquaponics system (tilapia and veggies) and have many seedlings started, such as herbs and different salad greens, red peppers, shelling peas and many other veggies. Strawberries will be going in soon as well. Everything is grown using organic practices and many organic and heirloom seeds as well. I now have a vermicomposter that will help provide some excellent natural nutrition for the produce and the fish via the castings, worm tea and the worms themselves.
If intereseted in seeing pics of the system or finding out more info on the buying club, please join us on "passionforproduce" on Facebook. I would like to build more community on that page, sharing recipe ideas etc. Website coming soon. Additional pickup spots may also be coming shortly. Thanks, Michelle Silva feel free to call for more info as well on my cell 993-8993
Dwight P.
user 5978539
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 18
I added you guys...
A former member
Post #: 11
Just to give you an idea of the types of things we are getting in the buying club..tomorrow's bag:
arugula, basil, carambola(starfruit), avocado, sunflower greens/sprouts, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, eggplant, pineapple, carrots, fuji apples and bananas! All are organic, the first five are locally grown.$25!
Gabrielle L.
user 9554598
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 15
Hi, Everyone,
If this one doesn't get enough people, I'm a member of a great buying club that still has room. Everything's organic, most is local. It's $22 a week, and you get a lot of stuff (way more than the same amount would buy at the health food store).
It's Yellow Submarine's South Sarasota location, and the contact person is Rhona at 416-1363.