Do you often wonder if you are getting enough protein? Are you concerned with the quality of the food you eat and the impact it has on your health?
Dr. T will debunk common myths about daily amounts of protein and where to get it from. For example, contrary to popular belief, we should be more concerned with eating excess protein, because high protein diets:
1) Lead to inefficient energy production and leave toxic residue that is difficult to eliminate.
2) Digestion process is energy-intensive.
3) Lack fiber, and take a long time to transit through the gut, resulting in putrefaction and dysfunction of the cell lining of the intestines (think colon cancer…).
4) Elevate cortisol levels which leads to insulin resistance, obesity, reduced protein synthesis, and tissue degradation.
5) Increases acidity so the body must leach minerals (like calcium) from the bones/body to buffer it – this eventually leads to osteoporosis. Countries with the highest protein intake have the highest rates of bone loss.
6) Are shown in studies to have a strong positive correlation with the incidence of chronic diseases in any given society.
Learn more by attending this compelling talk, if you haven't heard a Dr. T lecture before; come check him out, he offers great insight about health and nutrition.
$10 in advance / $15 at the door