LIGHTROOM 4 Overview. We'll be walking through Adobe Lightroom. It is one of the easiest - but most powerful tools for organizing, editing, finalizing, printing and sharing digital photos. The meeting is free as always, but there is a suggested donation of $5 (appreciated but never enforced), as every meeting does cost money. Additionally, please patronize and TIP the Boba Loca staff as they stay late/after regular hours, just for this group.
Here are some things that will be discussed, subject to change & modification:
1. Tech Topic for 05/16 meeting: LIGHTROOM 4 Overview - Mark N. will walk through the software and upgrades, workflow and capabilities of this amazing software.
2. Monthly Shooting Assignments...TWO themes: 1) Flower Power; 2) Self Portrait. Submit images for any and themes, see GUIDELINES & RULES below.
- Send your photos directly to Mark at [masked].
- Send High Quality JPGs that can display at 1024x768 WxH.
- And FYI...realize that if your image is VERTICAL, it's max hight will be 768 and you need to rotate it to display correctly on a horizontal screen.
- Don't send large 25mb photos either. Not cool. Down rez them (remember, the projector's resolution is limited to about 1200 x 800), turn them into jpegs and place their quality at 80 percent. This will give us healthy, but not too massive of files. Remember the rules ... see below!
- Photo must be taken between 04/01/12 and 05/15/12 and submitted by Tuesday 05/15/2012, 11:59pm. This will give organizer fair time to organize submissions for presentation at meeting.
The Winning Images will be determined by the vote of your peers at the meeting. Prizes are the respect and admiration of your peers, and what ever Mark may have from the group's sponsors.
RULES of Monthly Shooting Assignment (subject to change, so please, always read this part!):
- Each participant can submit up to THREE photos maximum PER theme/topic which equals 6 images maximum per photographer. That means 3 "Flower Power" and 3 "Self Portraits", or less, per photographer.
- The pictures must be taken between the submission start and end date. This is to make sure it's not a "my best picture ever contest".
- Pictures may be processed/edited and worked on, in post production before submitting them e.g. dodging/burn, cropping, color correction etc.
- No composites or HDRs (we'll have a separate theme for that later)
- Rules and prizes can be changed at our whim. There is no contract here, just fun for all!
- Save them as High Quality JPGs that can display at 1024x768 WxH (It makes it easier to project at that size)
- When we meet we'll do a slideshow so everyone can see the images one more time
- We'll all vote for our favorite and crown the winner.
Ok folks - See you soon,