Last Season we manage to reach 120+ official members for the third year in a row! This is an incredible record not matched outside of Spain!
Attendance to our games at our home bar Harley's BBQ has grown solidly in the past year with an average of 50-60 faithful madridistas for regular Liga games and a full house for big Clasicos and Champions League games. Which makes our home bar THE place to be to watch Real Madrid games in NYC.
This Season's [masked]) Official Peña Membership (OPM) will continue at an annual fee of $30 + paypal fee (if you pay online). Please make the effort to read all the IMPORTANT information included in this membership page all the way to the bottom, especially the new members not familiar with our processes.
There are two methods of payment:
• Please RSVP as Yes/attending on this event to become an Official Pena Member and click on pay online now.
• Pay cash ($30) to our Treasurer, Luke Moskwinski, at one of the many events we hold throughout the year. He will sign you as an attending to the membership page.
The OPM provides the following benefits:
• Official Peña Scarf (Yes, we are giving a scarf this year!)***. For you to pick up at our meetings (ask our Vice-president and membership chair Daniel Cunza for it). T-shirts/Scarves will NOT be delivered by mail (exception to Peña Ex-Pats with arrangement). New members will have the option to choose our very popular original Pena t-shirt classic (I Love NY model) instead of the scarf.
• 10% discount at our home bar Quinns Bar & Grill
• Preferential access/area to premium games (i.e. Clasicos, finals) plus ONE guest. Those games our home bar gets completely full and we need to limit attendance.
• 20% discount on our very popular Peña merchandise.
• The possibility to join organized Peña trips to see our team at the Bernabeu or during the summer US tours. These events are not guaranteed to happen and will depend greatly on the availability of a trusted organizer to take on these highly time-consuming tasks.
***The new season’s scarfs will be ready by mid September, we will start distributing them at the games once they are ready. New members will have the option to choose our very popular Pena t-shirt classic (I Love NY model), which we always keep in stock and is always available in our bar.
If you are listed as an attending to this event-page is because YOU ARE AN OFFICIAL MEMBER for the[masked] Season. This is not an “actual” event, it is a way for us to keep track of our official members and to communicate with them. Do not change your RSVP status once you are listed as a Yes, because you will NOT receive any communications from us if you do so!
HOW WE COMMUNICATE WITH OFFICIAL MEMBERS: We use the e-mailing tool in this attendance event page as the ONLY way to communicate with our members in matters concerning their membership and other important announcements. If you do not want to miss out on any important announcement/events, please keep your meetup e-mail up to date and check regularly. For example: Often times, especially around US summer tours, we hear from Real Madrid within 12-48 hours of a certain event, and then we pass it on to our members marked as attending this event as soon as it becomes available to us.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask Elena or Dani Cunza or check our FAQ page (will grow more as questions are being asked).
Disclaimer 1: We are a social group that bases our success in people being active within the club (i.e joining us for a fair number of meetings). We always welcome and try to integrate new members during their first visits. If you do not participate regularly in our meetings, all we can offer you for membership is a t-shirt and VIP access to big games in our bar in a great atmosphere.
Disclaimer 2: On the subject of organized trips and access to training sessions/private meetings, and players signatures during the US summer tours. Those are VERY extraordinary events that are not likely to happen on a yearly basis. In most cases, space will be limited by Real Madrid (in the past to 20-30 members) and amongst the petitioners, preference will be given to members that have actively participated in our events contributing to the success of our group. These events will be handled on a case by case basis and membership only gives you the POSSIBILITY to participate in those events, given the limited numbers allowed by Real Madrid and the high number of petitioners we receive for these events. We generally use a tiered lottery method (giving more weigh to members that have attended a higher number of events) to decide which member-petitioners will attend these events. In recent times, a lot of new members sign up to this group for the sole purpose of being closer to get players signatures or pictures with them. If you join this group because you want to meet other Madridistas in the area, then WE are the group for you. If you are joining this group because you want to meet the players, then probably we are not the group for you. You will have a statistically small chance of meeting them by joining this group with only that goal in mind.
Disclaimer 3: If you do not pick up your t-shirt at our meeting bar by the end of the natural season (June 2014), we will no longer hold it for you.