Peña Madridista NYC (Real Madrid Supporter's Club) Message Board › Hala Madrid from St Thomas USVI

Hala Madrid from St Thomas USVI

Eddie S.
user 38219852
New York, NY
Post #: 4
Hello fellow Madridistas! Sorry I missed the last 2 games with you all. I have been in St Thomas USVI all week and will be back on the 17th. I wanted to say how hard it is trying to watch the pitch yesterday on this island. I think I am the only Madridistas on da island down here. I am so proud of RM and especially my man CR7 Cristiano Ronaldo with his hat trick. I may not have been in the Irish Rogue with you all, but I had my away jersey on in a friends house with a laptop satellite linkup connected to a tv with the pitch constantly freezing due to satellite linkup delays from Spain. They only carry the EPL down here and the island boys only know of Caribbean teams. I think the whole island heard me cheer when we scored our goals. And they were not Messi like goals, tap in, they were rockets! Today I shall proudly wear my away CR7 jersey and enjoy the day. I shall be rooting RM on this Saturday again down here. Till then Hala Madrid! Viva Ronaldoooooooooooooo!!!!!
Regards,
Eddie
Leora R C.
sr4cr9
New York, NY
Post #: 100
Just wanted to let you know that seeing it live in the Calderon was absolutely amazing! I promise that i am not trying to make you jealous, but even my cab driver this morning who said he is a die-hard Athletico fan said he has never seen 2 such amazing goals in his life ... the atmosphere was brilliant ... I sat with the ultras sur which was quite an experience ... never expected it to be like it was, although I do admit that the first half I was quite nervous even though it went by very quickly! Can't wait for the game tomorrow ... Enjoy your stay in St Thomas USVI!
Hala Madrid!
Leora
Eddie S.
user 38219852
New York, NY
Post #: 5
IM SO JEALOUS! I missed goal #1 due to linkup blackout. USVI has power outages. goal #2 I saw and thought it went in then I jumped off the couch screaming and scared everyone by accident. Our house guests didn't know I was such a fan. When I saw Higuain tripped I screamed hat trick. My audience was like huh? Then CR7 lined up for the penalty kick, scored and I threw my cap on the floor, like in hockey. I was a funny site. I could only imagine the energy and history of that game. Enjoy tomorrow and sing Viva Ronaldo please, Regards and safe travels, Eddie