Peña Madridista NYC (Real Madrid Supporter's Club) Message Board › New Meetup: Real Madrid @ Yankees (This is just a poll, we need answers by t

New Meetup: Real Madrid @ Yankees (This is just a poll, we need answers by this weekend))

Sergio C.
SergioCarrasco
Dallas, TX
Announcing a new Meetup for Peña Madridista NYC (Real Madrid Supporter's Club)!

What: Real Madrid @ Yankees (This is just a poll, we need answers by this weekend))

When: Sunday, June 3, 2012 10:00 PM

Where: INTERNET ONLY

ANYWHERE YOU ARE

New York, NY

It is now official, Real Madrid is coming home to NYC.

Real Madrid vs. AC Milan

August 8, 8:00 p.m.

Please read the whole thing! This is just a poll, we need answers by this weekend

• I talked to the people at Yankees group ticketing and they have not scheduled the group sales date yet (in approximately 2 weeks). They told me to check back with them next week.

• Yankees will reserve some seats for groups, even if the individual sales goes well, we can have a good place as group.

• Real Madrid CF (Spain) has nothing to do with the ticket sales at Yankee Stadium

• Howie Perl is being gracious to see if he can get his contacts to secure us better seats and/or earlier booking.

• If any of you have some good contacts at Yankees ticketing or Yankees organization, please let me know.

• There is no pricing yet for the Real Madrid game only.

• If you are planing to come with the group, please RSVP Yes, add the number of guests/tickets you will need and answer the questions

• We need to have an idea of how many tickets and what option.

• Option a) Legends suite, big comfy seats, on the field on one of the corners,  with free food (steak, lobster, etc) 205 dlls plus fees
      • Option b) Field/MasterCard Batter’s Eye 130 dlls plus fees
      • Option c) Purple area 90 dlls plus fees

• You can choose several options, the option with most votes will be selected
    • Once we choose an option, we will let everyone know, and if the option selected is not what you want, you can get individual tickets on your own.

• If you are not coming to the game, you are not sure or you are buying individual tickets, please RSVP as NO.

• If you want to buy individual tickets, Yankees are selling bundled tickets.  So you have to buy for the Chelsea vs PSG and Real Madrid vs Milan together. As a group we do not have to buy the bundle

• Elena is going to pull all the strings and all her influence to get us a Meet and Greet with the players.

• If this happens (same as last year in Philadelphia) this will be available to OFFICIAL MEMBERS ONLY.
  • Real Madrid CF is in charge of this, but want you to be aware that it is quite difficult to obtain.

• There is no Tailgating @Yankees stadium

• We will e-mail you with more information when we have it, please be patient!!!!!

Check it out!
Helen O.
user 40602102
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Is there anyway that we can have two options available?

Such as option A and option B?

Isn't the group big enough that we can have two choices?
Luanna T.
user 49731612
New York, NY
Post #: 1
You mentioned the possibility of a Meet and Greet that is only available to official members ...what makes someone an official member and are there selected people that this option its available to ..if not what is the process of becoming an "official" member

Sergio C.
SergioCarrasco
Dallas, TX
Post #: 113
Helen,
That would be an organizational nightmare! The workload would be more than double! We are really busy in our personal life.

Luanna,
It's closed until next season (August 15). Our membership is not meant for "meeting" players. IF that happens, like last year in Philly, it's a bonus, an extra. A gift to those who have been coming to the games regularly (attendance is also a factor). Something we can't promise because we have no control over it. The value of meeting the players can't be equated to the $30 a year of our membership. The cost of a private meeting with just one of the players is ridiculous! We have about 150 paid members, if we accepted new members just to meet the players, the number of "new members" would skyrocket exponentially.
Hope this make sense,
Thanks Sergio
Luanna T.
user 49731612
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Helen,
That would be an organizational nightmare! The workload would be more than double! We are really busy in our personal life.

Luanna,
It's closed until next season (August 15). Our membership is not meant for "meeting" players. IF that happens, like last year in Philly, it's a bonus, an extra. A gift to those who have been coming to the games regularly (attendance is also a factor). Something we can't promise because we have no control over it. The value of meeting the players can't be equated to the $30 a year of our membership. The cost of a private meeting with just one of the players is ridiculous! We have about 150 paid members, if we accepted new members just to meet the players, the number of "new members" would skyrocket exponentially.
Hope this make sense,
Thanks Sergio

Thanks Sergio I completely understand and I just want to be a member or a part of everything Real Madrid to the fullest:) Its difficult here in NY where football (not American) is not so popular. Being a part of something where everyone can relate and have the same passion as myself is simply amazing ! Last year I was at the Philly game and if I only I had know about this group since then the experience would have been 10 times better and I thought the only way to do that or be invited to group events as such is if you're an official member so that is why I wanted more information on that. Its not just to meet the players , but that would definitely be and added bonus

I actually work a few blocks away from The Irish Rogue so I'll come by sometime and introduce myself. I'm just a bit over excited that all of this is happening so close to me and I actually have access to it
Sergio C.
SergioCarrasco
Dallas, TX
Post #: 114
Thanks for understanding Luanna, look fwd to meet you and I'm sure you will enjoy being part of our group.