Manuel
user 10447621
New York, NY
Post #: 38
Does anybody know why our CR7 is not happy at RM?
I can only guess that he would like a long term contract.
Any ideas or opinions at Peñaland?
Leora R C.
sr4cr9
New York, NY
Post #: 102
I actually wrote up a whole thing about this on my twitter. I don't think Cristiano would ever go to the press & say something about his contract to the public. I actually think that it has to do with Coentrao who it turns out didn't curse the ref out like they claim he did - it was never even caught on tape but strangely the club isn't doing much to clear up his name & prove his innocence and he got stuck with a 4 match ban. It's not new and hasn't started just yesterday, but the club isn't that supportive when it comes to coming out and being supportive in clearing up players names in regards to various incidents. In fact, not to bring out old skeletons but if the reverse story would have happened to us with Busquets and Marcelo and one of our players would have called someone "mono" on Barcelona's team, nobody would have gotten away with the made up lie that was said was "mucho moro" but RM doesn't fight for individual players supportively. Coentrao's spanish isn't that great, as it is he is under fire from the press every day for another reason, one day he is all over the press for smoking, (mind you Messi & Ozil were also caught smoking but all this was pushed under the carpet), the next day we supposedly lose a game because of him and the next day supposedly he wants to go back to Benfica ... the press is constantly making up stories for him because somehow he needs to justify the 30M we paid for him as if he set the price for his transfer or as if he pocketed the money to his own bank account. Since the day of his arrival he has always been a scapegoat and never really given a chance. Does anyone remember how Marcelo or Pipita played when they arrived? I won't even go there. Back to Cristiano. Mourinho has since the year he came spoken out about the fact that club has not backed players enough. Cristiano is known to be very sensitive when it comes to those he loves and cares about. I don't think he is the type to be able to celebrate wholeheartedly when he thinks there is injustice going on that he feels needs to be reckoned. He wouldn't take his own contract or any money issues to the public because that is a lack of professionalism and he is not that petty & knows all that can be solved. Money is money & goal celebration is something else. The two don't have a true connection. Stories such as that of Albert Frantau & others which aren't public knowledge reinforce Cristiano's great sensitivity towards others. This is the only plausible reason in my opinion.
Manuel
user 10447621
New York, NY
Post #: 39
I thank you very much for expressing your views.
Any other opinions?
otto t.
user 14529395
New York, NY
Post #: 2
I think its the result of a series of events, not winning the award was like the last drop, seems to me he is upset because real madrid didnt back him up after losing it last year on a record breaking year, once again this year he loses, he might of expected them to do or say something, possibly wanting a new contract and the office not showing any interest about it could influence how he feels to go along with empty hand awards, he might feel underappreciated and not protected by the club, what ever it is he ia handing it well, i've killed him myself for coming out and be a lil diva as usual, but i do like how he is trying to handle it, kinda in a downlow, same time putting some preasure on the front office to resolve what ever it is that troubleing them
otto t.
user 14529395
New York, NY
Post #: 3
I think its the result of a series of events, not winning the award was like the last drop, seems to me he is upset because real madrid didnt back him up after losing it last year on a record breaking year, once again this year he loses, he might of expected them to do or say something, possibly wanting a new contract and the office not showing any interest about it could influence how he feels to go along with empty hand awards, he might feel underappreciated and not protected by the club, what ever it is he ia handing it well, i've killed him myself for coming out and be a lil diva as usual, but i do like how he is trying to handle it, kinda in a downlow, same time putting some preasure on the front office to resolve what ever it is that troubleing them
When i say downlow i mean that he said enough but kept the issue in house, kinda like an ultimatum, either it get resolve or its coming out
Elena P.
user 5346736
Group Organizer
Fort Lee, NJ
Post #: 137
I could not agree more with you Otto! It's not so much the money, but the lack of respect from media and UEFA/FIFA, and some teammates. I think it's quite pathetic how the whole soccer World in Spain has reacted to Ronaldo's words. On the other hand Fabregas really criticized Vilanova and nobody is making a national issue out of it. Although I do think CR7 should have not made things public, CR7 complained Mourinho style, not too strong but leaving the ball in Florentino's hands - Either you do something to influence within Spain FA and UEFA, or we will not win as much as we should, including individual and collective awards. I think both Mou and CR7 have tried this internally, but by elevating to a public side, it's adding more pressure on the President to do something.
Elena P.
user 5346736
Group Organizer
Fort Lee, NJ
Post #: 138
I have to say I was quite disappointed at Alonso's response when asked about Cristiano's sadness...he basically laugh at him while he was answering questions during a Spain presser, very bad teammate. Arbeloa on the other hand, answered like a truly worthy captain! Whether we like him personally or not, CR7 is the best player we've had since Di Stefano, 151 goals in 150 games and he still has 4 great years ahead of him. He has been a key component in bringing down the best Barcelona in their history and he deserves respect from his teammates (that's the minimum). He never slacks off and always delivers. We might dislike some things about his personality, but on the field, he is our more important player, no doubt.
Nevie L.
user 22509541
Hollis, NY
Post #: 2
la prensa en espana solo escribe lo que oyen de los sources que no tiene credibilidad.todoe sto deberia de mantenerse interno,ahora lo ven como nino malo y lloron,al real madrid lo ponen en un microescopio.cr7 tendra sus razones x estar triste y si una de esas es que estuvo jugando en el aniversario de la muerte de su padre,bueno en lo personal yo de mi parte se que es perder a un seri querido y estar trabajando en el aniversario de su muerte,uno no tiene ganas de hacer nada,uno recuerda esos momentos alegres,y si el no quiso celebrar los goles hay pues dejenlo carajo.si el no hubiera dicho nada a florentino entonces als cosas hubieran sido peor xq despues eso se ve en el juego de el.
Polly
user 13779283
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
Someone on a Real Madrid message board I follow thinks club management wouldn't let him go to an event honoring Aurelio Pereira (Sporting's youth talent scout, who discovered Ronaldo, Figo, Nani, etc). Sporting apparently "advertised" that he'd be there, which may have caused the visit to run into some contractual issues with Madrid. In the end, Cristiano didn't show up. Aurelio Pereira was quoted as saying they're friends to this day, and that "professional commitments don't care about parties and tributes".

Obviously, we can't know what's really going on unless someone at the club addresses it directly, but out of all the speculation I've heard, this - or this combined with a few other things - makes the most sense to me.
Elena P.
user 5346736
Group Organizer
Fort Lee, NJ
Post #: 139
With all that said, I think someone should advise Ronaldo to learn to be happy and relax (perhaps if he does so, he will be less effective? That's the big question). But sometimes I think he takes everything too seriously, he wants things too much and he gives that impression on and off the field, that is why he is not "loved". That and the fact the spanish media is pathetically pro Barsa and pro Messi. In other words, he should appreciate his teammates a bit more on the field, kiss the Real Madrid crest every time he scores (instead of saying it's me, me me...), be a bit more of a "hypocrit" if I may say so, play in to the media and audiences like Barsa players do. Be smart and do not always be so honest about everything. His body language sometimes is too indicative of a self centered person and that is a very unforgiving trait, specially for the antis.