**See what you can help pitch in here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16mVvaWCMxU5GdqrUu1K63e9isD7LDdM9hE7OwaS90x4/edit?usp=sharing **
2013 Global Reddit Meetup Day is officially booked!!
We have a shelter house rented for the day at Paul Ruster Park (address is listed above). The idea behind this meetup is to celebrate the Reddit culture we have grown and fostered here in Indiana over the past several years. I know there are dedicated groups all over the state that have regular meetups but for one time a year we get the chance to come together and represent Indiana for the Global Reddit Meetup Day!
If you are a Reddit meetup seasoned vet you should be here!
If you are a lurker who has never made it out to a meetup event yet...you should be here!
If you are new to the area and want to me like minded people...you should be here!!
If you just heard of Reddit yesterday but think it is awesome...then you should be here!
This is your chance to come and connect with a great group of people who share the same interests as you! Everyone is welcome including kids!
There is going to be a suggested $5 donation to help cover the costs of renting the shelter house, paper products and the drinks we will have available.
Here is what the planning committee is providing:
-Paper Products (plates, cups, napkins, table clothes, forks/spoons)
-Meat (burgers, brats, hot dogs)
-Drinks (ice, 2 big 5 gallon containers of lemonade and water, maybe another one that is an adult beverage...)
-Music (Eric will be bringing out his dj gear to spin some tunes)
Here is what we need from all of you to make this successful!
**Please note the number of people RSVP'd about a week in advance so you know how much to make!!**
-There is a dog park connected to this specific park so feel free to bring your pooch is he/she is well behaved.
-There is a playground for the kids
-Tons of open field space for whatever activities we find ourselves wanting to get into...I am thinking a giant game of kick ball or wiffle ball needs to happen!!!
-Plenty of parking right next to our shelter house
-Access to outlets
Please check out the link to see what items are being brought and what items we are still needing!
Please let me know if you have any questions! The planning committee is always looking for more people to get involved with creating and suggesting meetups for future events so if that is something you are interested please do not hesitate to talk to either Kirk or myself (Kayleigh)!
After the park there will most likely be a evening pool party at my (Kirk's) house that will last till whenever. If you are planning on swimming please bring some appropriate swimwear. We may have small snacks there but if people are really hungry there are several pizza joints a couple of blocks away for orders. Our backyard in ground pool should be ready for use. Some general rules...
- If you are drinking you are NOT driving home (obviously). We have futons or a hide a bed for people to pass out on if need be.
- We like our neighbors and don't want to piss them off, so while we can be reasonably loud lets not take it to an extreme.
- We have three dogs in our house, a german shepherd, a rottweiler, and a bichon. We can put them in the kennel if people are uncomfortable but we'd rather have them out to socialize. The german shepherd can be a bit clumsy but they all like to be petted and given attention. The rott will not hurt you or chew up your insides (hopefully).
- We have a large dining room table if folks want to bring board games, and a Wii if people want to play on the big screen (though it isn't hooked up yet). If so we only have one controller so people will have to bring their own. The only games we have are House of the Dead 2 and 3 and Michael Jackson The Experience (a dancing game that is really fun when 'inebriated') so bring em' if you got them.
- We do have some seating outside but please bring a lawn chair if you are planning to eat outside. We'll have tiki torches or something to ward off the bugs.
- BYOB, and try not to drink other people's stuff without asking.
- We don't have a large speaker system suitable for outside so music-wise you'll have to suffer inside with some good trance :) I'm not a DJ so there won't be some large mix but I think my playlist is good (biased of course).
I think that's it for now. If I think of anything else I'll put it here.
Since we are providing meat, drinks and such we want a strong head count of people who are planning on attending! If you have RSVP'd and know you are not going to make it please make sure you change your status. If you are bringing the family, a friend or significant other please note that on your RSVP! Thanks much!