Refresh the Triangle Message Board Refresh the Triangle Discussion Forum › Community Projects

Community Projects

A former member
Post #: 12
In the latest issue of ACM Interactions, there's an article about developing technology to foster local heritage content creation (with the Mill Road Discovery Project). It moves beyond the traditional "tour guide" format to invite visitors to participate with history, and is community first-technology second.

(Preview here: http://mags.acm.org/i...­ )

Does anyone else get really excited when museums and other educational institutions invite the community to participate, create and debate, instead of silently look?. There are probably places around here that would love to have some designers and developers help them engage their community.

I have a lot of experience in traditional site analysis kind of work, but I'm fascinated to know what other people see in gravestones, buildings, bumps in terrain, and collocated flora/fauna.
Derrick T.
user 34286092
Morrisville, NC
Post #: 1
This is VERY exciting and something we should pursue. It's great to see members that are fascinated with science, the arts, history and analysis all in one. Very cool.

Thanks for posting the link to the magazine.

I'm currently in pursuit for a place that would welcome the help of Refresh the Triangle!