Los Angeles County Republican Liberty Caucus Message Board › Running for the Republican Central Committee

Running for the Republican Central Committee

A former member
Good Day RLC Members

Many members wonder what can I do to help the cause of liberty, well in Los Angeles County there is the Republican Party Central Committee.

All it cost you to run is some time and effort. However, to help you need to move fast because the filing deadline is March 12th after that you have to wait another two years.

It has occurred to me though that you might appreciate some assistance on getting your filing papers to the Norwalk office, or picking up your petitions. Possibly, you missed our last meeting and were not able to get your authorization form to have someone pick them up.

I you have access to a fax machine I will make it easy for you.
Just print out the online Authorization Form (see below), fill it out, and fax it to me at 626-691-0959

Before faxing, be sure to call me at 909-263-2470.
I will take your form down to the Registrar-Recorder in Norwalk next Wednesday, February 24 and firday. This will still give you 14 to 12 days to get the signatures you need. (40 recommended to be on the safe side). With two days to get your papers back into the Norwalk office.

Here are the two links to file for Central Committee.

Note: If you have already filled out the authorization for someone to
pick up you paperwork, then all you have to do is complete step two.
Step One
Link for someone else to pick up your nomination papers https://lavote.net/SE...­

Step Two
Link to file for central committee https://lavote.net/SE...­

Follow the instructions in parts 1, 2 and 3. After you hit 'submit,' wait for your confirmation number. Write it down and keep it. If you have someone else picking up your papers call them or email them with that number. Do this ASAP

If you have anyone else who is willing to run then please feel free to instruct him or her on the process.

For any questions, please feel free to call me at 909-263-2470

Thank you and God Bless,

Robert Vaughn

SUMMARY OF WORKSHOPS

1) Qualification: Candidates a) need to have been a Republican for the past year, (b)or newly registered for the first time, or c) registered as a Republican for 3 months if previously registered as "decline to state" if you came from another party the one year waiting period apply only to you.

2) Your Assembly District: Central Committee Offices go by Assembly District. It's easy to verify at LAVote.net Use this link:
Click here: District Look Up by Address
put in your house number and street, and all your districts should come up.

3) Seats Open: There are seven seats on the Central Committee for each Assembly District. They are available every two years and are filled in the June Primary. If there are 7 or fewer candidates running for the seats, all you need is 20 valid signatures on your petition, and you're in. If there are more than 7 candidates running for the seats, your names will all be printed on the ballot and the seven candidates with the highest number of votes fill the seats. It is a volunteer office and there is no cost to file.

4 Term of Office: The term begins at the time of the Reorganization Meeting, which is held in December, and runs 2 years. At the Reorganization Meeting, the Officers for each Assembly District, for the County Executive Board and for the Executive Committee are elected, plus some others.

5. Meetings: Each Assembly District Committee meets typically once a month. The Entire County Committee meets every 3 months. The Executive Committee meets once a month. The Executive meets as needed.

6). Purposes of Republican Central Committee: To recruit and support good constitutional candidates for Local State and Federal offices. To raise funds for this and for the operations of the County and Assembly District Committees. To foster a local Republican Presence; to educate and keep in touch with voters. To register new Republican Voters. To assist in getting out the vote during elections.

7) Goals: When we are functioning properly, we have the potential to win more elections for Republicans. What we do here in L.A. County affects the Nation. Our County Party has not been functioning the way it should be. We of the Executive Board are here to do something about it, with the help of other dedicated Republican volunteers.

8) Filing Period to run for office: Filing Period began Feb. 16 and closes March 12.

9) How to File: You may initiate the filing process online, and your papers will be prepared for pickup a day or so later. Filing online will save waiting time for you. The link is:

https://lavote.net/SE...­

Print it out and keep your reference number handy.

10)Designating an Agent:
You can designate someone else to pick up your papers for you (and also return your completed petition). Anyone can do that. You would just have to give them your reference number and authorize online at

https://lavote.net/SE...­

11) Petition: You will receive a couple of petitions very similar to an initiative petition with spaces for 30 signatures. We recommend making a few extra copies before getting signatures.

12)Map and Voter List: While you (they) are at the Registrar-Recorder's Office, an Assembly District map and voter list can be ordered on the 2nd floor. (I can also provide you a Republican voter list for your neighborhood.)

13) Who can sign: Any Republican registered to vote in your Assembly District can sign your petition. You need at least 20 valid signatures. It is recommended that you get at least 40.

14) Others can help you: as long as they live in the same District. Have them circulate your petition and you can do the same for them, if they are also running. It makes it easier for all. One reason more copies are helpful. We can put you in touch with others in your district who may be running.

15) Finding Signers: Look thru your church or club directory and contact your friends who live there and who are also Republicans. Use map to be sure they live in your Assembly District. You can also put in their address at the first link above

16) Use voter list for your precinct to find more Republicans who live there. Walk in your neighborhood in a nice day and ask them to sign your petition. Have a couple of reasons to tell them why you're running.

17) Filling out petition: Make sure voters print name and address legibly & exactly as registered. Ask them to stay within the box, and not write over other signers' information.

18) The Poorly Sighted: For persons who can't see well, you can fill out their information, then show them where to sign. You may cover the writing above and below when they sign so it doesn't go over and disqualify other signatures.

19) Turning in your Petition: When you get about 30 -40 signers, turn in your petition at least few days before the deadline. It may take a couple of days for the Registrar to check your petition. They will let you know if you need more signatures, so you will have time to get more.

20) Getting elected when there are more than 7 candidates. We will have more workshops on how to do this, after the filing period closes.

Thanks again for your interest in running for the office of Republican Central Committee Member. I think you will find the process rewarding and fun.

For questions, feel free to write or call Roger Eshleman at: 818-988-9313

or Robert Vaughn, Chairman, at 909-263-2470,