Edmonton Real Estate Investors Association Message Board › Local charity will pick up used furniture for FREE

Local charity will pick up used furniture for FREE

user 5364548
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 6
My friend Darcy works with a local charity... and he asked me to post this to the group. I think it's a great service they provide, and can help us along the way. The following is an excerpt from Darcy's email...

Hi Simon If you could tell your realestate friends and put in your newsletter this would be appreciated. The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul has a 24 hour number. It is 780-471-5577. Usually within 2 days someone will phone you to make arrangements to come pick up items. The items we need most are beds of all sizes, dressers, kitchen tables, chesterfields, and household items. Our policy is we do not accept something we would not use ourselves. That is for eg a chesterfield with the springs coming out of it. We try to improve the dignity of people. Also tell them why fill up a landfill when someone could use the items. We give these items to people we do not sell them as we help the poorest of the poor.
user 3850121
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 7
Great idea Simon, and we all know landlords can aquire an awful lot of goods and furniture!