The Rochester Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Last minute Impromptu Backpacking trip

Last minute Impromptu Backpacking trip

DuctTape
user 4434365
Rochester, NY
Post #: 34
Still too many black flies in the Adirondacks for me. This is a short hike (less than 3 miles each way) to a leanto site in a NYS Forest. The campsite has a picnic table and a very nice outhouse. About and hour and a half from the Bushnells Basin Park and Ride (off Rt 490). If anyone is interested in joining me I will be at the Park and Ride at 10:30 am Saturday, or send me an email.

Easy trip for beginners.

I just need to hike and sleep in the woods.

Russ aka DuctTape
Kristin
Aerynrox
Rochester, NY
Post #: 20
Thanks, Russ. This sounds great, and I wish I could come along, but the timing is off. I am committed to other activities this weekend.
Have fun!
Pam N.
user 11212711
Rochester, NY
Post #: 1
Hi Russ,
I am right there with you with those thoughts! Can you please schedule another trip sometime soon. I would really like to join in, but can't this Saturday.

Pam
Sue M.
user 12009532
Rochester, NY
Post #: 3
Hi Russ,

I am ready for another backpacking trip, but this weekend will not work for me. Please keep me posted on any other upcoming trips. BTW.......I will have all new gear the next time around with a MUCH lighter backpack load!! smile
Ian S.
user 14608831
Rochester, NY
Post #: 1
Had a good time Russ. Thanks again for the introduction to hammocks, the beer, and the feast! Just put my order in for a Hennessey Expedition! See you soon.