add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Rochester Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Last Minute Hike/Backpack

Last Minute Hike/Backpack

user 4434365
Rochester, NY
Post #: 9
Hi all, I am planning on a last minute backpack and anyone is welcome to join me. I will be leaving tomorrow, Tues AM and returning Wed. I haven't decided yet which trip I want to do. I will either be going to the Adirondacks for an 8 mile hike (16miles RT) or doing part of the Finger Lakes Trail 11.6 miles (23.2mi RT). If you are interested send me an email, I check it often.
user 3598099
Rush, NY
Post #: 3
Teachers make me sick. I want the whole summer off.
A former member
Post #: 3
I concur, Glen! :) I am just reading Russ' spontaneous trip offer for the first time + he's already THERE, wherever THERE is. Why can't we live a more continental lifestyle and just holiday all of August every year, at least? Hope you're having a great trek, Russ.
A former member
Post #: 395
Yeah, I want the whole year off... beat that!! HA
user 3586877
Rochester, NY
Post #: 4
Heck no, I would not want to be a have to put up with other people's kids all year to earn the summer off. I'm sure some are great, and some are memorable, but I bet there are days Russ the summer worth it?...
Yay teachers...
A former member
Post #: 2
I'm not a teacher, I'm an interpreter. I get the whole summer off but on the down side, I barely make enough money to live. Every job has its pros and cons. wink