Help support your MeetupChip in
North Georgia Fellowship of the Road
Mission Statement: The North Georgia Fellowship of the Road is a motorcycle riding group dedicated to riding safely while promoting comradery among its members. Our goal is to fully experience the passion of scenic riding and the enjoyment of fellowship and friendship among a diverse group of motorcycle riders.
Who we are:
• An engaged, active group of motorcycle riders that enjoy the fellowship of group riding. We are comprised of a variety of bikers, riding a variety of motorcycles. We are people of good character, mindful of being good citizens of our community and our country.
• Safe and responsible riders with intermediate to experienced skill levels. We abide by the laws, clearly understand the principles of riding in a group, and are mindful of the safety of other riders as well as ourselves.
• Focused on the ride: Our primary focus is on scenic rides. This includes mountain, coastal and rural routes; short day rides (200 miles and under); extended day rides (200 to 400 miles); destination rides (visiting specific locations) and overnight/weekend trips (scenic or city)
• Interactive... seeking the input, feedback and active participation of the members. In becoming a member, it is presumed that you intend to be an active member, attending rides and keeping informed regarding our group.
• Team Culture: Group rides are conducted as a team. Ride leaders are expected to consider all of the ride participants and encourage feedback regarding route conditions, weather, safety and route alterations. We ride as a team and look out for each other. All riders are expected to exercise due-diligence in keeping up with the group, abiding by all policies and procedures and be willing to act collectively.
• Please view this short video on group riding safety: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erpkyD7SMfw
Who we are not:
• A racing or sport-riding group. Although we welcome all styles of riders and motorcycles,(including sport bikes) we are not a street, track or urban riding group. Our rides do not entail cruising downtown Atlanta on a regular basis, engaging in street racing or stunts or taking curves at 90 mph. Anyone behaving unsafely will be instructed to separate from the ride and will be subject to removal from the group.
• A training opportunity for beginners: Group riding is a skill of its own, requiring concentration, control and situational awareness. Although we welcome newer riders, we expect you to know the rules and be prepared for the ride. It is presumed that anyone attending a ride accepts the responsibility, the route and the risk.
• We are not a motorcycle club: Being an organized group instead of a formal club, we are not bogged down by mandatory meetings, unnecessary rituals or typical club politics. We do not solicit participation in parades, charity rides or dealership events nor do we allow solicitation of our members by any for-profit or not-for-profit group or entity. Any consideration of sponsorships, to cover Meetup costs, will be discussed by the leadership team prior to acceptance and would be contingent upon the nature and scope of the sponsor's business and involvement.
• An excuse just to join a Meetup group: We are bikers...We are not a dating site, Zumba club or a means to impress your girlfriend. You must own a motorcycle capable of handling the rides and be willing and able to actively participate in the group. In other words, if you are a member of (let's say) 73 other Meetups, you either have way too much free time or an agenda...don't bother applying.
PLEASE NOTE: Effective May, 1st 2016: All new applicants to our group must include a photo of themselves in their profile to be considered for membership. The photo may be of you and your bike, however, you must also be visible.