MTRAS ~ MidTn Robotic Arts Society Message Board MTRAS ~ MidTn Robotic Arts Society Discussion Forum › MTRAS -Fun Robot Event Tomorrow

MTRAS -Fun Robot Event Tomorrow

steve g.
sghertner
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
This is just a reminder that the engineering day event will be held tomorrow at the Adventure Science Center 10am to 3pm in Jack Wood Hall.  Everyone is welcome.  You don't have to have a project to share.  There will be a lot of activity and chance to see members' projects.  The Hacker Consortium will also be there with 3D printers and a Laser Cutter.  See Patrick's personal challenge for tomorrow below:

"Interested in seeing how a robot is built from start to finish? Iam taking on the challenge of building a robot from start to finish tomorrow. Ill be using a gutted frame from a 80's robot called "Omnibot MKll". Ill start by building the brains, building the motor controller, and then adding in all the extras like flashing LED eyes, audio, etc. The end result will be a fully programmable robot that guests will be able to control via a TV remote. All this in 4 hours with little prep work. Come out to see if I can complete the challenge and check out all the other exhibits! 10am - 3pm @ The Adventure Science Center in Jack Wood Hall."
Frank C.
user 62658602
Nashville, TN
Post #: 5
Sadly I can't come because if my Science Olympiad compitition was on the same day tomorrow so maybe next week I can talk about the helmets.sad
steve g.
sghertner
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 133
I am sorry you can't make it-Science Olympiad is an acceptable excuse to miss though :). Good luck in the competition!
Patrick
Patrick83
Nashville, TN
Post #: 209
I didnt get a chance to take any pictures of anything else besides the work I was doing. If you have any please upload to Meetup, FB. We will update the landing site with them. Thanks!