Patrick
Patrick83
Nashville, TN
Post #: 210
Last Sat for Engineering Day I built all the circuitry required to get my 1980's Omnibot up and running in less then 4 hours. More info on Omnibot here Omnibot Info . Its a very hackable robot chassis. One problem I encountered was its jerky behavior when I was done. The motor controller would get very HOT and I guess the thermal protection kicked in and shut things down until it cooled down (thanks for adding that in Sparkfun). The motor controller is a Spark fun 1Amp Dual motor controller Motor Driver 1A Dual TB6612FNG . Very reliable and cost efficient. Its seems the PIC I was using, a Picaxe 20x2 only supports one PWM pin and the motor controller needs two pwm inputs. I was trying to use a different but similiar syntax on two other pins on the pic. So I am working on getting it working on its available hpwm lines. But in the meantime I am driving the chip full on or off by making the PWM input lines High to turn the motor on. This is what I got so far Omnibot IR Test. My ultimate goal is to get the arms hacked and working so It will be able to offer me a "drink". ;-)