addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Diego Robotics Club Message Board › Two potential seminars

Two potential seminars

Hansol H.
user 43667502
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 8
Hello Members,

As you know already, I am always looking for people to do seminar at our event.
Here's couple potential seminars that I have in mind.
Robosub/AUV - I am talking with some people from Mesa College, City college of San Diego, SDSU. etc. I am expecting to get a person to do presentation about AUV sometime soon.
Quadrocopter - Does anyone know good person to talk about Quadrocopter? Maybe we should invite a person from DIY Drones.
Robots for Navy - Carl mentioned that it might be good if our club visits Navy and check their robots. I think it will be fun. Does anyone have any connection with Navy around the town?
UCSD robot lab - I might contact some people at UCSD to see their new robots. I will keep you posted.

If you have any other cool idea, please utilize this discussion board. Thanks!
Cory H.
user 92826862
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
I do not necessarily have anyone in mind to present on behalf of quadrocopters, but something to look into is the KIPR Open (http://www.kipr.org/kipr-open­) which is an adult or adult/student competition that can use the AR Drone quadrocopter and a processor to compete in an autonomous competition. Teams are not required to use a quadrocopter, but it is certainly more exciting when they do.

Hello Members,

As you know already, I am always looking for people to do seminar at our event.
Here's couple potential seminars that I have in mind.
Robosub/AUV - I am talking with some people from Mesa College, City college of San Diego, SDSU. etc. I am expecting to get a person to do presentation about AUV sometime soon.
Quadrocopter - Does anyone know good person to talk about Quadrocopter? Maybe we should invite a person from DIY Drones.
Robots for Navy - Carl mentioned that it might be good if our club visits Navy and check their robots. I think it will be fun. Does anyone have any connection with Navy around the town?
UCSD robot lab - I might contact some people at UCSD to see their new robots. I will keep you posted.

If you have any other cool idea, please utilize this discussion board. Thanks!