The Melbourne Indoor Rock Climbing Group Message Board › Lead Climbing Course

Lead Climbing Course

Uli
user 39606082
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 2
Hey All!

I've been climbing with my girlfriend for a while now and we're super keen to get our lead climbing cert.

Unfortunately we just missed out on the June lead climbing course (as we were away), and neither Hardrock in the CBD, or Nunawading have any dates for the next lead climbing course...

We've put our names down for the next course (at both venues), but they have no idea when it would be and we're super keen to get it ASAP!

So I have two questions:

1. Is there anyone capable (i.e. have their lead cert.) and willing to teach us to lead climb in the gym? (we're climbing grades 20-23 regularly - and we're happy to pay delicious money!)

2. If not, is there anyone who is thinking of lead climbing that would want to put their name down? (apparently bigger numbers means they'll do it sooner)

Thanks!
Uli
Victor
user 7277167
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 5
Hi Uli,

If you come on a Tuesday night to Hard Rock, or to one of the top-roping trips the RMIT Outdoor club runs, we're happy to teach you how to sports climb (which is what you'd be doing at the indoor gym). It's reasonably straight-forward!

If you're wanting to learn how to trad lead climb (eg. outdoors, placing your own gear), we can also help you out, but it's something which typically takes anywhere from 1 - 6 months or more, depending on how much practice you get in!

Happy to answer any questions you have otherwise.

Cheers!