The VA/MD/DC Rock Climbers Meetup Group Message Board The VA/MD/DC Rock Climber's Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Anyone go regularly to EarthTreks (Rockville or maybe Columbia) from UMD Col

Anyone go regularly to EarthTreks (Rockville or maybe Columbia) from UMD College Park area?

Hal Daume I.
user 34298212
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
Hi all --

I just joined, but I've been going to Earthtreks Rockville for a couple years now. I was wondering if anyone goes regularly to either the Rockville location or the Columbia location, leaving from on or near the UMD College Park campus? If so, I'd love to carpool and would be happy to cover cost of gas or something like that. As it is, I take the metro to Rockville and then a bus back home and that costs about $8 each time, and takes _forever_ to get there (like 80 minutes). (If you go to Columbia I'd need a ride back cuz public transportation from Columbia to Silver Spring is basically non-existent... Rockville I can get home easily on my own).

And of course I'd be happy to climb with you too!

-h
A former member
Wow, what are the odds...I too have been looking for the exact same thing! I really need to save the money and time too as a student. I'm ideally looking for anyone that goes between 2-4 times per week. I've been posting everywhere for someone, no answers yet... :(
A former member
Hi, I live in the White Oak area of Silver Spring and am new to the climbing gym. I'm looking for people to climb with and if you need a ride, I'm willing to pick u up and carpool. I can go to either gym. Please e-mail me @ nicoleskroch@gmail.com.

Grace
user 47368522
Washington, DC
I'm about to start up climbing again after a few years off, because I need some form of winter suitable recreation for a displaced Texan. If anyone is still looking you can shoot me an email at gracewaste@gmail.com