Rock and Soul Climbers Message Board › Colorado Alpine climbing

Colorado Alpine climbing

Debbie
user 4493571
Denver, CO
Post #: 24
There are some nice mountain climbs here. Can anyone lead a good trip? I am a follower, good belayer, but ready to learn.
Vlado
user 4300689
Arvada, CO
Post #: 58
This group has over 900 members, from beginners to experienced. Mountains have a lot of climbs close to Denver, from very easy to very hard ones.
Keep in mind, that words are cheap. Those who can take you on Longs Peak climb (beyond hike) competently, may sound to you just as good as the person who could be a disaster up there. Knowing about the climbs completed in the past is a good start, modesty always pays off.
"Alpine year around" can be a good description from one who may implement "alpine start" - regardless of the need for it, including climbs that others can start in the afternoon. (No, he is NOT competent in the mountains on his own.) Climbing in Colorado mountains with such person could bring unexpected results, to say the least. Best of luck climbing the peaks - it can be very rewarding in a good company. Be safe!
Bonnie
user 4563038
Boulder, CO
Post #: 5
The winter is about gone, no winter climbing done, just talk.
Debbie
user 4493571
Denver, CO
Post #: 26
About 45 min. drive from Boulder is some of the best alpine climbing in Colorado. That beats driving many hours to distant places.
Take a look: http://www.mountainpr...­
I wish I knew a competent leader, not ready to go with a guide, but maybe in a group.
Jack Z.
user 12072172
Golden, CO
Post #: 28
I'm a competent leader. I have never climbed in CO before though (started a new job in golden this week). All of my alpine climbing has been in the sierras in CA, tuolumne meadows, and the needles. I'm planning on climbing at clear creek canyon this sunday with the red rocks climbing meetup group, in case you'd like to join.