Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Would like to start a group in the Cedar Park area

Would like to start a group in the Cedar Park area

Tom B.
user 4137784
Leander, TX
Post #: 9
Unfortunately the previous group did not last due to conflicting schedules and differing opinions on what game to run. It happens. I would like to give it another try, though. I'm willing to GM or play. I would prefer to avoid D20-type games, not a real fan of the superhero genre. Most other aspects are negotiable. Meeting time would preferably be every other week on Friday or Saturday evenings. I'm 50 and have been gaming for over 30 years.

Anyone in the area interested?
James H.
MightyDuck836
Austin, TX
Post #: 46
I certainly am and that schedule matches up with my availability nicely. Most of my experience is with the D&D from 3.5 on with some dabbling in Pathfinder thrown in as well but I'm always up for new systems.
Tom B.
user 4137784
Leander, TX
Post #: 10
Hi, James. That makes two of us...

If I can get 2-3 more people we might be able to do something. Let me know if you'd be interested in getting together to talk games at some point. Are you in North Austin?

Tom
James H.
MightyDuck836
Austin, TX
Post #: 47
I am. I live near 183 and 620 and I can get up to Cedar Park pretty easily using 183A. I'm very willing to travel a little bit to find make it to a game. I'm free most Fridays after noon and weekends after 3pm.
Mary K.
user 11818233
Austin, TX
Post #: 27
I'm also up in the 183/620 area. I love me some Cthulhu & horror, but other stuff is great too.
Tom B.
user 4137784
Leander, TX
Post #: 11
I'm kind of tied up today, but if anyone is interested in meeting somewhere to talk games I would definitely be up for that. Coffee shop, restaurant, pub... wherever people are comfortable. Preferably in the evening.
Tom B.
user 4137784
Leander, TX
Post #: 13
Well, it's been over a month, so I thought I would go ahead and bump this. Still looking.
Ronnie K.
user 11488781
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hi Tom,

I've been out of gaming for several years but I'm thinking I'd like to play a bit. I'm 49 next month and started playing basic D&D in 1976. Played a lot of 1st, 2nd, and 3.5. Played star wars and few others and open to just about anything. I'm in north east Austin but Cedar Park is doable.
Tom B.
user 4137784
Leander, TX
Post #: 14
Ronnie,

Sounds good. If you'd like to get together and discuss, just send me a PM and we can set up a meeting. Same for anyone weeks who might be interested.
William B.
user 82226292
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Tom,

My campaign "Gamma World 2754" is looking for 1 or 2 additional players. We meet in the far North Austin area not far from Cedar Park, usually twice/monthly, sometimes more, sometimes less. Saw your post here and based on your preferences, thought you might be interested in a darker sci-fi RPG. Our group of 5 is older, I'm 46 myself.

SITE: https://gamma-world-2...­

DESCRIPTION: beyond what you'll find above, this is a homebrew sci-fi RPG loosely based on the TSR 'Gamma World' rules from 30+ years ago, plus every other sci-fi/apocalypse game/novel/movie ever made. The party is most in need of a human medical doctor type, or all-round combat expert (maybe a ninja-type, or maybe just a tough-as-nails brawler). But we're pretty flexible as many skills are already covered and doubling up on some never hurts.

Give me a holler if interested!