Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Dresden Files Game

Dresden Files Game

A former member
Post #: 1
I am posting this as I've seen some activity and interests regarding the Dresden Files RPG.
I am looking for people too join a slowly congealing group to play the DFRPG. I've currently found at least two other folks who are interested and a few others on here so time to put out the call and get something started.

By way of brief introduction; I've been gaming since I was 11 or so and I've been a fan of sci-fi and fantasy since before then so probably close on 30 years now. I can't count how many campaigns I've played or run in and how many different systems (Most of which I own). I like to write in my spare time and generally consider myself creative so I like to have a lot of fun with running or playing games.

As of now I have not played much less run the DF RPG, but heck, learning will be half the fun! And since the early stages of the game involves mutually building the city and its more notable inhabitants as well as building characters then it will be a learning process for all!

For now I am trying to Aim for running on Sunday from around 1:00ish until whenever (generally around 6-7pm). This is partly because I have the day of on Sunday and partly because I like to have a lot of time to play in to allow for goofing-off, food and other distractions as well as to get everyone plenty of stage-time and time for character development etc.

I am going to limit the number of players to a maximum of 6 as I prefer not to be distracted trying to make sure everyone has something to do, and more than 6...well...distracting...8)

Once I get a group of interested folks the first step will be to plan an initial meet and greet somewhere so we can all get to know each other and discuss the game and such. After that we'd need to find a place to actually RUN the game as my apartment will NOT do...uber-tiny...8P

As of right now I don't have a lot planned for a campaign other than a rough idea to place it in Miami just for the contrasts it represents.

Look forward to hearing from folks soon!
Joshua A.
user 11813583
Austin, TX
Post #: 8
I am posting this as I've seen some activity and interests regarding the Dresden Files RPG.
I am looking for people too join a slowly congealing group to play the DFRPG. I've currently found at least two other folks who are interested and a few others on here so time to put out the call and get something started.

By way of brief introduction; I've been gaming since I was 11 or so and I've been a fan of sci-fi and fantasy since before then so probably close on 30 years now. I can't count how many campaigns I've played or run in and how many different systems (Most of which I own). I like to write in my spare time and generally consider myself creative so I like to have a lot of fun with running or playing games.

As of now I have not played much less run the DF RPG, but heck, learning will be half the fun! And since the early stages of the game involves mutually building the city and its more notable inhabitants as well as building characters then it will be a learning process for all!

For now I am trying to Aim for running on Sunday from around 1:00ish until whenever (generally around 6-7pm). This is partly because I have the day of on Sunday and partly because I like to have a lot of time to play in to allow for goofing-off, food and other distractions as well as to get everyone plenty of stage-time and time for character development etc.

I am going to limit the number of players to a maximum of 6 as I prefer not to be distracted trying to make sure everyone has something to do, and more than 6...well...distracting...8)

Once I get a group of interested folks the first step will be to plan an initial meet and greet somewhere so we can all get to know each other and discuss the game and such. After that we'd need to find a place to actually RUN the game as my apartment will NOT do...uber-tiny...8P

As of right now I don't have a lot planned for a campaign other than a rough idea to place it in Miami just for the contrasts it represents.

Look forward to hearing from folks soon!

I'm in!

I think my gf will be interested in playing as well... and we both have Sunday off.

So that's a body count of two so far.

Miami sounds interesting - and what refresh level are you planning on starting this campaign at? I would like to play a wizard, but I will do what I gotta do.
A former member
Post #: 2
I think I've got 3 others line up as well so that brings us up to 5, I will post back after the holiday as I will be away until Sunday.
Steve M
user 12993356
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
If I'm not too much of a Johnny-come-lately, I'd be interested. I have Sundays off, am a fan of the Dresden books, and have been itching to try out a FATE game.
A former member
Post #: 3
No worries I only posted the note a day ago so I'm still waiting on a few other replies.
Joshua A.
user 11813583
Austin, TX
Post #: 10
We've got a good handfull now...

How many people would you want in the game?
A former member
Post #: 4
I apologize for the delay of response, been kind of busy. I don't want more than 5-6 players.
As or right now though I am going to put organization and such on hold until after the holidays; just to chaotic for me to be thinking about anything. Figure I'll aim for around January 9th to get folks together for a meet and greet etc...give everyone more time to read over the rules and such.
A former member
Post #: 6
Now that the Holidays are over... I just sent in a request to the Lair to get a Table for January 13th for the initial meet-n-greet. I will post details once I have confirmation but I am currently planning on 1pm to 4pm for meeting and discussion etc...
A former member
Post #: 7
Dragons Lair Austin: [url]http://dlair.net/...­[/url]

Date: 1/13/2011

Start time: 1:00pm

End time: 4:00pm

As I said before, this is purely a meet-n-greet to get to know who is interested and the direction we want to take the game in, character concepts etc...
Looking forward to meeting y'all!
Steve M
user 12993356
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
I can make a meet and greet on Thursday at that time, but were you still planning on the game itself being on Sundays?