Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Dark Heresy Game

Dark Heresy Game

Stephen
user 12642283
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
I'm just checking to see if there would be interest in a Dark Heresy game, starting in the latter part of January. I would be GMing; I've run DH before and played a significant amount of WHFRP so I'm familiar with the system.

My plan is to get everyone out of peon status ASAP (meaning we'd be using Ascension). Basically I'd start everyone out from scratch and play sessions with regular XP, but I'd engineer stuff happening behind the scenes that would allow characters to A) develop their characters as they see fit between sessions and B) allow you to level quicker. Once characters ascended we'd cut the behind the scenes stuff...unless everyone wanted to keep doing that of course.

Any takers at all?
JM
user 12763246
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
I'm interested. I've played the WHFRP, though not extensively. I had a friend who told me stories of the wonderful horrors of Dark Heresy and I've wanted to play ever since.
Stephen
user 12642283
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
Good deal. I tend to throw in a lot of atmospheric elements to darken things up a bit...so you can expect lots of wandering fanatics, mutants, and crazy preachers in my game. If you've ever read the Eisenhorn trilogy (which are the only Games Workshop novels that I can tolerate), that's the kind of atmosphere I'm trying to get across. I'm very character focused. I firmly believe that there are very few situations in which a dice roll is actually required. Combat would kinda be up to the group...there would be fighting in points, but I don't throw in 'wandering monsters' just so that the players get to blow something up. I think PC death should be rare and significant.

Anyway, just wanting to let you (and others) know what to expect. Hopefully there are more interested folks out there...
JM
user 12763246
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
Awesome. (Sorry it's been so long since my last post, this thing never e-mails me, and I forget to check it)
A former member
Post #: 5
Depending on how my other games work out schedule-wise I'd definitely be down for a DH game. I've already run one campaign that was lots of fun and chaos...8)
JM
user 12763246
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
I'm free Monday-Wednesday every week, with occasional exceptions.
JM
user 12763246
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
Got a hold of the core book and Inquisitor's Handbook. Finished reading the player sections of the core, starting in on the handbook. I really want to play this game.
A former member
Post #: 9
I concur, I've run the game before and had a LOT of fun. The system really lends itself to epic storytelling.
I also want to pick up a copy of the Deathwatch book, go Space Marines!
Stephen
user 12642283
Austin, TX
Post #: 7
Well if we do go with this route, what would the two of you be interested in playing? I don't like a lot of crunch, I'm more interested in the story and I only require rolls when absolutely necessary...which is a nice way of saying that you would have to come up with a backstory.:)

As I already mentioned, we'd be starting out low-level and accelerating up to the ascension stuff. If you haven't read it already, the Eisenhorn trilogy is the best source of inspiration out there for a game that is true to the setting.
A former member
Post #: 11
Space Wolf Space Marine...8)

Depending on what others play I'd like do a Guardsman or Scum, something with a variety of skills.