align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Looking to join or RUN a game

Looking to join or RUN a game

James
user 10059325
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Greetings, folks!

I just moved into Austin from California on Feb 8th, and I'm looking for gamers. I'm more than happy to join an existing group if anyone is looking for an experienced gamer. To back up that claim: I started gaming when I was 12 (now 33). I've played D&D (2nd, 3rd, and 4th), White Wolf (V:tM 2nd, W:tA 2nd & R, Mage 2nd & R, Changeling 2nd, and Adventure!), Mutants & Masterminds (2nd), Star Wars (d20 and d6), GURPS, RIFTS, Champions, Shadowrun, and one shots of more systems than I can easily remember.

If anyone is interested, I currently have a plot ready to run for Adventure! (Trinity Universe). For those not familiar, this is a Pulp setting. I have the book and pdf, so there will be plenty of reference material available. The setting is 1924, in a Los Angeles suburb called Santa Marina (totally fictional).

If anyone is interested in having me as a player, or in me running, reply here, email me through my Meet up account, or email me at games at thecrazyplayer.e4ward.com

Thanks!
James
Zane J.
user 12759194
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Hi there,

I'd be interested in joining a game, if you don't mind a complete newbie. I've wanted to get into DnD or the like for ages, but I've never been able to find a group. I've never played, but assume I would be a fast learner. What kind of time commitment would you want for each week?

Also, welcome to Austin!
James
user 10059325
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Ah, the chance to indoctrinate... er... introduce a newbie to gaming! wink

Ideally, I'd like to be able to get in 4-6 hours of gaming once a week (perhaps more if the group is ok with that). That said, my schedule is pretty flexible right now. The only commitment I absolutely have is a class on Wed. evenings. If once a week is too large a commitment, we can work something out.

I'd like to suggest that anyone interested in the game who does not already own a copy pick up the PDF for Adventure!, which is available from RPGnow/DrivethruRPG. The dead tree edition has been out of print for some time. Make sure you do not pick up the D20 edition (which should be labeled as such). Obviously, this all assumes that one has the funds available to do so.

I do a few things differently from the way the book does them, but nothing huge.

Any other questions?
A former member
Post #: 14
Where do you live? I'm available on Friday and Saturday evenings. I don't have any real hang ups with any system, except I don't want to play D&D 4th ed...
James
user 10059325
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
I live on Duval Road, near the 1 loop. If I do run a game, I'll most likely run either at Dragon's Lair or at a willing player's house, since my apartment really can't hold more than about 3 people comfortably.
A former member
Post #: 15
Dragon's Lair appears to be a lot closer (only 30 mins away). Maybe we can set something up... so you are good with being a player too? I have several ideas for several games one fantasy, one space opera-ish... but they'd run on the FUDGE/FATE system...
Karlen K.
user 12366925
Austin, TX
Post #: 7
I am actually looking to join or create a Werewolf: Wild West game. Any interest?
Ted L.
user 11093847
Manor, TX
Post #: 6
I'm intrested, if there is still room at the table. Let me know.