Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Hey Guys. Join my GURPS game!

Hey Guys. Join my GURPS game!

A former member
Post #: 1
Howdy folks,
Some friends and I are about to run a Post Apocalyptic GURPS Campaign and were looking for an extra person or two. If you have never played GURPS don't fret because its very easy and intuitive. We have a very nice crew of people and we are super easy to get along with. Hope every one is doing swell!

Cheers
Matt
Chango D.
user 14131800
Austin, TX
I'd be interested I have only looked at gurps briefly at best but heck it didn't seem that complicated. What would the time and location for the sessions?
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey Chango. We haven't ironed out a time frame yet. Most likely Sunday afternoons. The location would (most likely) be around 32nd St., north of campus. Do you have any GURPS source books? Cheers.
rifter
user 8074239
Austin, TX
I would like to play as well. I don't have any GURPS source books and it has been years. However Steve Jackson Games gives away "GURPS Lite" which is basically enough of the rules for a new player to familiarize themselves and use as a reference if they think they want to play: http://www.sjgames.co...­
Chango D.
user 14131800
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Ack I work sundays. I don't have any gurps stuff but I can most definetly buy a rule book or two and wiki any other needed info
A former member
Post #: 3
@ Chango: Thats a bummer man. Sunday is the day that works for everyone else.
@ Rifter: GURPS Lite should be enough for you to create a character. If you could make a 100 point character and send it to me I'll take a look at it and we'll go from there.

Cheers
Matt
Charles
user 7806169
Kyle, TX
Post #: 49
I might be interested. Been looking for a decent group since I left the overwhelming crunchiness of my last 3.5 group. A few questions:

*How many in the group at present?
*Where will games be hosted (I'm in Kyle, so I'm sure it'll be a drive)?
*How often does the group play?
*How long are the sessions (start time? end time?)?

Thanks.