Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Austin RPG Meetup face-to-face gathering?

Austin RPG Meetup face-to-face gathering?

A former member
Post #: 8
I've set up a poll to gauge interest in a non-game-session face-to-face gathering. (But it does not necessarily have to be without gaming!)

We've done these in the past, and they were great for people to meet one another and to generate a bit more enthusiasm about games and find out what people are interested in playing.

It's wide-open now, without any venue or time decided. Those will be determined as we get a better idea about the # of people interested in attending.
Karlen K.
user 12366925
Austin, TX
Post #: 19
I could bring a board game or two if entertainment is required.
K. R.
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hey Gang

OK so if you haven't checked out members in this group lately, we have had 90 people join this year. That's a heck of a lot of players needing GMs. So if we did a face-to-face how many GMs would be willing to show up and open up 1 or more seats? I have 2 open seats at my table currently.

Let see if we can get at least 10 GM to open up spots for new players. Hate to see a dice monkey with no table to throw down on.

Mary K.
user 11818233
Austin, TX
Post #: 26
Someone decide on a time for this dealio, and I'll put it on my calendar. Sounds like fun.
Buda, TX
Post #: 23
I am a currently GMing a 3.5 D&D game in Deep South (Buda) Austin and I am in search of 1 or 2 players. So I would be glad to come and meet some potential players.
K. R.
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
All right gang. I set up a time and date. So spread the word to all your friends and come on out. See ya at the Silver Grill in Oct.

A former member
Post #: 22
RSVPed and added it to my calendar as I'll be free that day and it's just down the road.
If I remember I'll bring my Fantasy Munchkin Uber-set for some quick and easy chaotic fun...8)
Thomas B S.
user 25537462
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hi folks,

I recently moved to the austin area, but will be starting up a new game the night of this meet up yall are setting together. The game system is GURPS 3.0 but the "story" or "gameworld" is acually based on the books by Mercedes Lackey known as the "Heralds of Valdemar" ofcourse i would like to find some wondering gamers and give them a game to play as at the moment i have 5 confirmed players with 3 seats left open because i put a cap of 8 players on any game session i run. this game will start Saturday October 1st at 6pm located at the Dragons Lair in austin. so i will come to the meet up if nothing else to shake hands and get to know some of the local gamers and gamer community
user 7806169
Kyle, TX
Post #: 54
I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing the evil elf wench and the overlord of all Aerth.:-)

Also: WE NEED PLAYERS! We have a solid group of 4 for various rules lite games. Currently running Castle Caldwell variant, using the Supers! rules. Just finished running a Supers arc in Coastal City, circa 1960. We'll be going back to that after our jaunt into fantasy.
Georgetown, TX
Post #: 14
I can see I'm very late to the party in this thread but I just moved to the area and am hoping you have a general meet-and-greet type event. Of course now that I've moved here I have to go on a trip to New York for work next week, but I hope to be able to participate in something when I get back.