addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin RPG Meetup Message Board Austin RPG Meetup Discussion Forum › Looking for Group in Round Rock M/W/F

Looking for Group in Round Rock M/W/F

Rowan A.
RowanTheExplorer
San Marcos, TX
Post #: 2
Hey, like the subject says, I'm a player looking for a group on Mondays, Wednesdays, and/or Fridays. Times are flexible, but it would be nice if we could nail down a consistent one so I can adjust my schedule. I can't do weekends because I work retail, and I have ACC classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I am totally flexible on game systems, even if I've never played with it before and have to learn a new one. In my opinion, the system is and always should be secondary to the game and the story itself. If your group is more interested in damage-per-round and kill counts than story and role-play, that's cool, but I'd rather find another group.

I'd like to find a group actually in Round Rock if at all possible, but if you're easy to get to, it probably won't take much to convince me to travel farther if your group sounds appealing. I'm jonesing for my roleplaying fix bad. :) I'm in central Round Rock, and I might be able to host if folks brought their own food and don't have a problem with cats or the high likelihood of my roommates wanting to join.

I really need a group that is:
1) role-play minded. I see RPGs more as a collaborative storytelling medium than a straight-up win-or-lose game. I'm a big fan of story, and I actually want to write a novel, and role-playing games are fuel for that creative side of myself.
2) flexible. If I can't make it to a game because an unexpected shift came up at work (or for any other Real Life reason, really) I need a group that can respect that, and find ways to work their stories around it. Real Life has to come first, or this hobby isn't the escape from the mundane that it needs to be. (BTW, I work at the Lego Store at the mall, and have been known to bring Lego swag to my friends. So job is a good thing.)
3) mature, 18+. I work with kids all day. While I like kids, I'd like to not have to filter for them while gaming. I'm not saying I want it all sex and violence, I'm just saying it will be more fun for me if I don't have to worry whether a dirty word slips out. Also, stories made with adults tend to be a richer experience.
4) open-minded. Though I don't like to make a big deal about it, I am genderqueer, and though I was born a guy, I tend to express myself very feminine. I'm still working on exactly what I want out of my gender identity, and I don't want to have that be a problem for a potential gaming group.

I have a collection of gaming books (as does everyone in this hobby, it seems). I tend to have a wide variety of systems at my disposal, including White Wolf WoD, White Wolf NWoD, D&D of several editions (though mostly of 3.5 and 4), Cortex, GURPS, and several indie things. In the bigger game franchises, I tend to favor core rules over specialty ones, but I don't mind when my fellow players have some "Spell of Whatsit" out of Obscure Rulebook with Dramatic Name as long as it is appropriate to the story and not just something they grabbed for min-maxing. And, as I said above, I'd love to try some new things. Five Rings, for instance, looks truly fascinating, and I've had fun with RIFTS in the past, and several other systems.