Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Ghostbusters Austin Franchise (Fate Core)

Ghostbusters Austin Franchise (Fate Core)

Alan
A1an
Leander, TX
Post #: 24
forgot to put the link to the hack Ghostbuster Fate Hack
Paul D.
user 4105202
Austin, TX
Post #: 49
I've met roleplayers at the Emerald Tavern, but I mainly enjoy it because it is smaller and also tends to have an older / mature crowd. I think any Fate game benefits from having older players who aren't focused on how much XP they get and how high their combat stats are. The tavern even has a policy of putting up "the flag" at your table if your looking for others to join you in a game or looking to join others in theirs. That said, it is a smaller location, but when you get joiners, I think they are probably more likely to be keepers!
Alan
A1an
Leander, TX
Post #: 25
The tavern even has a policy of putting up "the flag" at your table if your looking for others to join you in a game or looking to join others in theirs.
I didn't know that, sounds like a great idea and exactly what I need right now. Any way I can communicate that I have a need for players. Should I put the meet up on their meetup too?
Paul D.
user 4105202
Austin, TX
Post #: 50
Oh, wow, didn't even know they had a meetup group. I'd say you get the most bang for your buck when you announce an event at least a week ahead of time, preferably 2 weeks ahead of time. However, nothing lost for posing something last minute, a few people function better that way anyway.
Ian S.
user 47555942
Austin, TX
Post #: 40
hrmm this could be fun, I've played a lot of Dresden Files in the Past...
Depending on the day I'd be interested in at least checking it out. Monday is ideal as its the end of my work week and I have Tuesday off, but I already have a game Tuesday night.
Alan
A1an
Leander, TX
Post #: 26
Hello Alan!
I'm writing to let you know that your table reservation has been approved! We are looking forward to seeing you and your party in the store! Take care!

Greg Burrow - Dragon's Lair Event Manager
greg@dlair.net - events@dlair.net
Dragon's Lair Comics & Fantasy
2438 West Anderson Lane Suite B-1
Austin, Texas 78757
(512)454-2399

Date Needed: 5/6/2014
Start Time: 7:00 PM
End Time: Close
Alan
A1an
Leander, TX
Post #: 27
Hey guys not sure whose following this or the discussion thread. I put in an event at dragons lair albeit a little late. Balancing things has been difficult so I apologize for the radio silence as of late but I hope everyone still looking to play Tuesdays at 7 PM.
Alan
A1an
Leander, TX
Post #: 28
Thank you guys who could come out tonight. I definitely missed the others as I looked at my 3 Fate points!! Lots of advantages to create were needed! I shortened the link and am finally getting it on here.

http://goo.gl/uq1rHO...­
Paul D.
user 4105202
Austin, TX
Post #: 51
Tonight was lots of fun. Looking forward to next game. Tried that link but it said the link was disabled.
Alan
A1an
Leander, TX
Post #: 29
Tonight was lots of fun. Looking forward to next game. Tried that link but it said the link was disabled.
I really had fun too. I think Fate Core is incredible but for all it's ease to create truly tense moments that could cause stress I think sometimes it can also cause not just the fictional characters stress but their real life counter parts to. Playing real time and local setting probably only reinforces the possibilities of creating a truly tense atmosphere. Although I like it it does make me feel more like a bad guy than even Dungeons and Dragons did.

I read the email and checked out the blog last night in between figuring out that .png pictures are wrapped by word press and that's why I was getting all the errors. Ahhh well so much for transparent images. I think it was awesome though I noticed it's been put down for a while, but I understand like you said gotta keep it fun and not like a job.

Okay so I sent google a Request Review that may resolve it. I love google but because it is the titan right now it gets to make it's own rules. I find more often than not the stuff I like to do is banned by most Terms and Agreements for valid reasons besides my intentions the things I like to do could be used for the power of evil unlike me using it for the power of good. For that very reason I have to host my own wordpress rather than use wordpress.com. Why?? Nothing melicious ohh no just you know that ajax tables that bring up the character images well obviously that's javascript and that's not allowed (Yes I know why; the ability to do evil) by most blog servers. So without further ado the long link:

Ghostbusters Austin (Fate Core)