Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Starting a Group for an Eberron 3.5 Campaign

Starting a Group for an Eberron 3.5 Campaign

A former member
Post #: 2
I am starting an eberron 3.5 campaign, on mondays from 6 to ???, it will take place in Riverside part of Austin at my apt (that's about 10 min from the UT Campus)

I am a new D&D whose hoping to show players aspects of D&D that only truly shine in Eberron.

My campaign will be urban based, heavy exploration and travel, as well as the occasional dungeon delve.

I have 2 players already, but I am more than happy to accommodate up to a max of 7
brandon j.
user 10226517
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1
i would love to play but I'm not sure i could make it until about 6:15 6:30 because of school. when are you thinking of getting the game going? i don't really want to commit to a game yet until i get settled into my new class at college. probably some time around September 1st.
A former member
Post #: 4
email me for more specifics later on,

I plan to start the game, August 31st, which is a Monday, and like I said before 6-?? PM, that's determined by the players (I don't have a tuesday class)

I have played several D&D games before, but this is my first D&D as a DM, so if a rule lawyer part of yourself is wishing to break out, by all means!

As for races/classes go. I do not have almost any restrictions on races, but they can not have Level Adjustment
, the Races of Eberron book will provide enormous amounts of information on races that are pertinent in our setting.

As for classes, any prestige classes is permitted later on, but if it's from the complete series it's generally safe. (pending DM approval, and I'm not permitting tricks from the scoundrel books), nothing from tome of battle is allowed (I've been in to far too many parties where a dragon was single-handledly killed by a swordsage).

Emphasis on Psionics: I personally have never played with psionics, but as they are also very prevalent in the eberron setting they are permitted. Caveat: I will send psionic creatures against you, no free ride for psionics :D

We will be starting at level 2, this will allow me to gauge the strength of the party in both combat and diplomatic settings. This campaign will take place largely around traveling, exploration, and urban adventures. You will see a lot of time spent on airships, wind galleons, and lightning rails. As well as being in Sharn, Stormreach, Fairhaven, Wroat, Flamekeep, etc. I personally like to keep my players in a sense of comfort, not down in the dirt, but there will be dungeon delves (especially when we go to xen'dirk).

Anyways to sum up: All races, except level adjustment ones, are allowed, and all classes, except tome of battle, are allowed (very odd and strange classes will require my approval first.)

I do not mind new people joining, by all means I am not a "battle-hardened" GM, I should not expect the same from my players, however I do demand frequency, that means showing up to nearly all games for the sake of continuity, I will build entire campaigns around a each party characters' stories, and if a person is not frequent, I can not do this. Inexperienced are welcome, but the overly busy I can not allow in!

PS: I don't mind a person coming in at 6:15, but preferbly before 6:45

Also I have a homerule, I do away with action points in favor of the "benny system". 3 Bennies are given to each player at the start of each session, more if they have "luck" feats that permit more bennies, these bennies permit anyone to reroll any roll, except damage (that requires another feat). Each player will receive this at the start of the game and they do not carry over, however they can be gained through great actions, rhetoric, and your ability to regail me.
brandon j.
user 10226517
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 2
sounds good. I am actually a rules buff. been playing D&D for 3-4 years now. Eberron actually happens to be my favorite setting so most of my books are for Eberron. sadly i let some of my friends borrow my D&D books and i was unable to get them back before i moved last week. hopefully this weekend when i go home i can track them down. so if you have any rules or lore questions you can always ask me, but i wouldn't really call myself a rules lawyer per say. I don't really care about the rules too much i just ask that they be capt consistent.
A former member
Post #: 5
send me an email so i can get your email address and so i can send you an invite to our yahoo group.