Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Spirit of The Century - Arboretum area - Fridays

Spirit of The Century - Arboretum area - Fridays

Marshall
user 4580417
Austin, TX
Post #: 222
I would really like to post this on the calendar as a pick-up game, but I am only looking for two players; so excuse me if I wuss out. You don't have to make every Friday, as this will be episodic, but I will run every week that I can to sand the rust off my storytelling skills.

This is Spirit of The Century, a pulp RPG: knuckle sandwiches for everyone.
Expect fast paced adventure/exploration and rules light narrative.
My goal will be not to dwell too long on any one scene or the intricacies of any roll.
If you like to ad-lib and roleplay, super. If you like a good tactical game with nice crunchy rules that reward clever usage this is not your gig. It's pulp! Live large and damn details.

My initial story concept revolves around the Century Club extending its influence through cooperation with the British overseas empire after the Great War. Think of it as a whiff of League of Extraordinary Gentleman injected into the classic globetrotting adventure (Indiana Jones?). Where the natives are restless, the jungles unexplored, and the mysteries ancient there you are. South Africa will likely be the first story arc, and I would like to start with a transatlantic (Limey and Yank) cast.

Game location presently settled on is Battleforge Games but Thor's Hammer or Dragon's Lair will do if I get more players that way. If we get to know each other, a more private setting will ensue.

Initially I would like to run some one-shots so everyone will be comfortable with the rules and each other.
I expect many of you have busy Fridays, but so it goes. Message me if interested, I will check posts every few days.