addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin RPG Meetup Message Board Austin RPG Meetup Discussion Forum › How does one gather players?

How does one gather players?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Carlos et al,
I'm brand new to this and was looking for a game in S Austin. I'd like to drop in if it's alright, maybe just to watch if you think I'd slow yall down.

Erik
Rourke
Rourke11
Buda, TX
Post #: 12
I would like to meet on January 29 with you and anyone else who would be playing. I am interested in 3.5. I am going to send you an e-mail with the rest of my information.
Wade
user 10850152
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
Do we have a time and place in mind for tonight?
A former member
Post #: 8
Missed that deadline, didn't I? And that's my fault. Completely. One thing I have to admit about myself is that I'm a school teacher, so when things get very demanding at work, it's the priority.

Having fouled that up, I'll go ahead and make a date and time: IHOP at I-35 and Slaughter next to Home Depot: Friday February 5 at 8 p.m. I'll be wearing a Texas Tech jersey.

Carlos
Rourke
Rourke11
Buda, TX
Post #: 14
As of now, I will be there. I tried to contact several others and found one in The Austin Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group who I pointed this way. I am going to refer all of them to this link.
Wade
user 10850152
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
Very cool! I will be there!
A former member
Post #: 9
Wow, Buda....that's quite a trip to Austin, even South Austin.

Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish.... I really just want to meet ya'll, talk about some of your gaming experiences, and see what kind of style you're used to. Obviously, I'm not into rules lawyers (unless I'm actually wrong), power gamers, or overly aggressive players (the ones that try to run the game at the expense of other players' participation). I have had several players that have not liked my style of play. I role play a lot, tend to have very few combat sequences compared to other DM's, and really try to kill off the PC's when controlling intelligent monsters. I am somewhat stingy with XP, but have learned to allow more magic and magic items (they are practically commonplace in 3.5 D&D).

As a school teacher, I don't have many opportunities to play. We can discuss days and times, but I don't think I can play more than twice a month (until summer hits) at the most. Obviously, we can play at my place, but I'm not averse to gaming elsewhere. With two kids and thin walls and ceilings, I've been known to keep my family up past their bedtimes.

If you don't think this suits you, don't worry, I understand. It's difficult to find a cohesive gaming group. Just don't get upset if I likewise think I'd have a hard time gaming with you. I'm only looking for three players, four max. I'll see what Friday turns into.

Carlos
A former member
Post #: 10
Hi Carlos et al,
I'm brand new to this and was looking for a game in S Austin. I'd like to drop in if it's alright, maybe just to watch if you think I'd slow yall down.

Erik

Erik,
It's been awhile since I've played with a newbie, but then again, it's been awhile since I've gamed with anybody. If you're interested, come to the IHOP on I-35 and Slaughter on Friday around 8. I'd be happy to meet you.

Carlos