align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Call of Cthulhu Forming in South Austin

Call of Cthulhu Forming in South Austin

A former member
Post #: 1
Ever wanted to flirt with the darker powers that creep at the borders of the known world? Interested in battling cults, demons, supernatural horrors, and elder gods from the furthest reaches of space with only the most minimal chance of success? If you're looking for a change of pace from D&D or similar tabletop experiences, perhaps it is time to take a step into sanity-dropping world of H.P. Lovecraft and the Call of Cthulhu.

From the Call of Cthulhu Handbook:

Call of Cthulhu differs in feel and motivation from other roleplaying games. In many such games, player-characters can directly confront and attempt to destroy obstacles and opponents. This strategy typically leads to disaster in Cthulhu scenarios. The majority of other-world monstrosities are so terrible and often so invulnerable that choosing open combat almost guarantees a gruesome end for an investigator. Even the merest glimpse of some of the more macabre horrors can send one into screaming insanity.

I am looking to host and run the game bi-weekly on Saturday evenings, potentially from 6 PM to 9 PM, depending on the group decision. This time may change depending on the availability of members and comfort of players, including length of play.

If you've ever been interested in trying a tabletop RPG, would like to get back into tabletop RPGs, or want a change of pace this may be the game for you. All experience levels are welcome and no materials beyond dice, a pencil, and some paper are necessary to play. If you'd like to join or just want more information, feel free to send a PM.
A former member
Post #: 3
I am currently still seeking one to two (or more depending on interest) players for Call of Cthulhu. We'll be playing our first game on Saturday, March 6.
Jerod
user 4245920
Austin, TX
Post #: 12
I am currently still seeking one to two (or more depending on interest) players for Call of Cthulhu. We'll be playing our first game on Saturday, March 6.

Are you still looking for an additional player? I'd be interested, and sent you an email to that effect.
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Jerod, thanks for the hit. I responded to your email.