Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › True20 interest

True20 interest

Charles
user 7806169
Kyle, TX
Post #: 13
Do you prefer triumph and tragedy over treasure? Are you more about the art of storytelling than number crunching? Then you may just be interested in my True20 campaign.

I am a veteran GM (started with the D&D Red Box) in the process of adapting my old AD&D material to True 20, and am aiming to start a campaign sometime in MAY-JUNE. Here are the specifics:

SYNOPSIS: Medieval fantasy campaign, rules-light, story-driven in an entirely original world.

PARTY COMPOSITION: Prefer smaller groups (3-5 players), where each person runs single character of their choice. Character class composition is immaterial. I will work around what the players decide to play (meaning you don't have to have a fighter, a thief, a cleric, etc.).

CAMPAIGN HIGHLIGHTS: The game world features a wide variety of backgrounds (races) and roles (classes). Among them:

RACES: Humans, Dwarves (3 types), Elves (5 types), Halflings, Gnoll (4 types, based on American Indian archetypes), Rakshasa, Ogre, and Kenku. There are rules for mixed-race characters, as well (based on a compatability system that requires a die roll).

ROLES (classes): Warrior, Thief, Wizard, Bard, Gladiator, Rogue, Priest (broken down into specific Mythos), Archer, Swordmaster, Huntsman (Ranger). Players can forgo the defined roles of the game, and create their own True20 roles, as well.

THE SETTING:
The story starts in Omerton, captial city of the principality of Omeria (it sounds silly, but it works, trust me), which resides next to the large, inland "Sea of Reeds." To the south, The Valley of Scattered Villages, which forms the breadbasket of Omeria. Further south, the Fortline and the xenophobic Chaaran dwarves. To the North, the tangled mass of Blackdeep, home of twisting paths and branches, swamps and snakes -- oh, and some ancient wonders they say. Northwest--The Great Elven Triangle (the area between three prominent elven city-states). To the East, the great expanse of The Roams, which features the three badlands of Kor Leptis, Kor Brazin, and Kor Valik (among other things).

This is a land where Humans of Omeria have forged alliances with the Elves (fairly solid), and Dwarves (always tenuous). Relations between Humans and Gnolls depend on the tribe. There is a great deal of country to explore, and, naturally, remnants of great and powerful empires dead and gone can be round by those willing to brave the elements (so to speak). Of course, Omeria is but ONE human kingdom. We haven't even talked about the strange and deadly creatures known as Malforia, and Adlbore.

So, that's just a taste. You can contact me here, if interested, or at c_eichman@hotmail.com
CourtFool
CourtFool
Pflugerville, TX
Post #: 1
I have wanted to try out True20. Kyle is just a bit of a drive. Good luck.