align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Looking for help designing a new LARP

Looking for help designing a new LARP

A former member
Post #: 3
Long story short, I am working on some details for a new live-action RPG and I could use some friendly help to bounce ideas off one another, brainstorm, etc.

There are two of us working on the idea now, and anyone is welcome to help (and once we get the details figured out, anyone is welcome to play!), but it might help to have a non male WASP's perspective haha. Just a thought...

drop me a note on here if youre interested....

James C.
user 9399563
Austin, TX
Post #: 27
I am very interested and I've thought some about this before.

I am male, and I am what people typically call white, and I guess I am, but compared to true white, I'm not. But, while people look at me and think "Anglo Saxon," I am definitely not Anglo Saxon and bristle at the notion of being called that. And, I'm not Protestant, though it's fine if you think I am.

So, I would be very interested in helping with this, assuming I qualify.
A former member
Post #: 4
haha, well i didnt mean to give the impression that there is something bad about being WASP-like, that was just my not-so-funny way of saying different perspectives are welcome here :)

I'm busy this week but might reach out to you next week to chat a bit...the more the merrier.
James C.
user 9399563
Austin, TX
Post #: 28
I am so sorry. I re-read what I wrote and realize it sounded really snippy, and I didn't mean it that way at all.

It was supposed to be read hearing me chuckle.

I am 59, so perhaps that might provide some different perspective. You know. The old folks' perspective.

Read that with a chucle, too, please.
A former member
Post #: 5
No need to apologize...internet communication makes it hard for us both to realize that we are both being tongue-in-cheek :)

It's all good my friend :)
A former member
Post #: 12
This sounds neat - I do a lot of game design myself, and I know the difficulty of finding a good "sounding board" ... someone who thinks enough the same to allow communication, different enough to think of things you (the creative person) doesn't.

I'd like to learn more - I too am a white male. I try not to treat it as a personal trait rather than a handicap, but it is hard sometimes. (that's a joke)