Tuesday, June 5, 2007 12:22 PM
Meeting Notes/Action Steps 6/5/07 (will upload as Word doc on meetup site)
Our Goal: To get as many people as possible to register as Republicans and vote for Ron Paul in the primaries in February 2008.
Things everyone can do immediately:
1. Donate. Ron Paul needs MONEY. This will help him reach that 5% in the polls that he absolutely NEEDS to get to. We know he will be out-funded, but everyone can give $5 or $10 to somewhat offset what the other guys raise. I?m sending in $700 this afternoon to the Ron Paul campaign. www.ronpaul2008.com you can even put it on a credit card!
2. Join the Ron Paul website, just go to www.ronpaul2008.com and click ?Join Us?.
3. Set up a blog. www.blogger.com or www.wordpress.com. It takes 2 minutes and you can start adding articles immediately.
4. YouTube. If you have a camcorder you can make short videos and upload to YouTube.com. you will start getting views immediately. Make sure to add ronpaul2008 to your friends so it links to their videos.
5. MySpace. Set up or add Ron Paul info to your myspace.com account.
How we can divide up (and conquer):
Everyone needs to do what they are best at. We are going to have several groups and each group will have a leader. Here are some initial category ideas but we will get this formalized very soon:
1. Letter writing: We need letters to the editor for the U-T, Reader, any local papers. We need to send emails and mail letters.
2. Door to Door: Talk about the issues affecting people, hand out RP flyers, info.
3. Technology: Blogs, Myspace, YouTube, websites, etc.
4. Go to other groups: Democrat, Republican meetups, discuss Ron Paul with members (try not to flaunt your RP support too much!)
5. Coming up with and setting up Fundraisers
6. Freeway Blogging, sign posting: Hang up Ron Paul banners over local freeways, put up signs & stickers around college campuses, shopping centers, anywhere else appropriate.
There may be more and several people will overlap into more than one category, which is awesome!
Also, when talking to the media (or emailing), keep in mind that we are not official spokespeople for Ron Paul- avoid the hard issues and stick to talking about Ron and our group.
What I need before the next meeting (will be two weeks from yesterday):
1. A new venue. Can anyone send me an idea of someplace that may fit more people? Our group is growing like a weed and we won?t have room at Trophy?s soon.
2. Select one or more categories (from the above list) where you feel you can best contribute. We will have signups and goals for each group next time.
3. Please post any pdf?s you have of Ron Paul flyers on the Meetup site.
4. Whoever said they would order stickers/buttons, bring them next time to sell to members.
5. Someone to look into what it takes to be a delegate, and how far out in advance we need to plan for this.
That?s it for now, will have more soon!
Thanks everyone for your energy and willingness to do what it takes to help Ron Paul!