addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

LibertyHQ Message Board › NYC Haunted House depicting the end of the dollar in 2014!

NYC Haunted House depicting the end of the dollar in 2014! Help make it happen, pledge today

A former member
Post #: 44
http://www.kickstarte...­

Will be giving our america freedom to fascism and creature from jekyl island books to attendees.

[WHAT IS THIS]

The Salem Institute, A live interactive haunted house theatrical event that’s evolving the traditional genres of hell house, torture, maize into a interactive role playing mystery adventure ride where your feet are your coaster--Debuting late September through early November of this year in New York City.

For 30 minutes attendees will be integrated with actors into a role playing environment, guided through a series of challenges through 13 scenes across 8 rooms and 3 floors as they undergo the most important interview of their lives. As soon as the journey beings, it becomes clear that there is something very strange about the Salem Institute. Something so strange that your every impulse will be to escape the Salem Mansion and return to the streets you were all to eager to forget. This is no ordinary Haunted House; this is your 30-minute ticket to the future of civilization on the brink.
[THE PLOT]

The stage is set 3 years in the future, October of 2014 at The Salem Institute, a philanthropist organization providing housing, food, and re-education and training to people that were displaced following the crash of the dollar in 2012. The President opened Federal Emergency Management Agency Work Camps to the public a year ago but now there isn’t enough room for the demand. With thousands in line every day for food and shelter the humanitarians & elite of the world, private institutions and churches that survived the crash have teamed up to supplement the governments social services with free institutions and universities recruiting the best of Americas talent both young and old. Every year one of the smallest of such institutions invites prospective candidates who have applied for an interview, this evening a select few will receive a chance to get their life back at the Salem Institute.

With unemployment peaking at 80%, millions of homeless, and two winters leaving millions dead from starvation, malnutrition, and diseases manifested from deteriorating living conditions desperation is on the rise and institutions like the Salem offer hope to millions waiting for a chance to reclaim the dream of their old life. Inside the Institute things are safe and calm, outside protesters and mobs of people storm the streets while the military acts as a defense between the countless desolate people and the government, merchants, and banks. With gas at $12/gallon and a milk at $8 the world is now divided into two classes, the have and the have nots. NYC has been under Martial Law since the crash, with troops on every major intersection tensions are high while human strength and ambition is low. The parks have been transformed into tent cities. Men, women, and children scavenge through public garbage from morning until night when curfew draws, most with no where to call home--only returning empty handed to their tents in central park until dawn, only to begin the cycle again.
[WHATS DIFFERENT?]

A typical haunted house may be inhabited by ghosts, monsters, criminals, frightening beasts, humorous characters and creatures from beyond the grave. They have taken place in dilapidated homes, abandoned asylums, old prisons, ships, boats, run down grocery stores, semi trucks, warehouses, factories, shopping malls, fields, farms, parks, and on. You usually come in contact with Intense lighting, animatronics, fog, scary music, old antiques, gory body parts and intense scenes of mischief, crime, torment, terror or comedy, various actors dressed up in elaborate costumes, masks and prosthetics while they perform skits or blend in with scenes before jumping out at you when you least expect it.

The scenes often depicted in traditional haunted houses are so far from reality that the same suspension of disbelief we undergo so naturally with a good well written script in the theater is improbable when confronted with monsters and ghouls in real life, making true authentic fright rather difficult to replicate consistently. But heck, that’s the reason people like me still go year after year right? I’m not knocking haunted houses, It’s a formula that works for kids as well as adults. But having been in the NY theater scene for over a decade I can appreciate what a good performance could bring to a haunted house but I still wanted to do something different-bigger, not just for the sake of being unique but to create a truly suspenseful and eerie experience for adults like myself that have been there, done that. Something that would make the hair on the back of MY neck stand up. Because haunted houses are already in their essence interactive, I also wanted to really focus on that part of the equation, the participation and interactivity of the viewer. This thought was the beginning of what I’m now calling the dynamic play, modeled after the style of adventure books I used to read as a child where I could make my own adventure simply by skipping to the pages I was instructed in the book. If I wanted this to happen go to page 360, or this to page 245.

Now at the Salem Institute you, the audience will be transformed into an active participant in the scenes of the play, interacting with the actors as you choose. Groups of 15-20 people will enter at a time. Unbeknown to you, joining your group will be our actors serving the purpose of playing out the variations of choices that exist in each situation are presented. You will move from scene to scene, room to room according to the choices or actions that you make. The Salem Institute will consist of 13 scenes across 8 different rooms. But depending on the choices you make along the way your path will change. You could come back two or three times, make different choices, and have a different experience, being routed through different scenes and rooms because of the choices you made in the prior.

Think of it as Adams Family meets Jericho ala The Exorcist
[MONEY NEEDED FOR]

Now here is why I need you! Normally to bring this quality of a production would require uppers of $100-200k but I have been able to negotiate with numerous entertainment professionals to make it happen for a total of $70,000. I have already raised $10,000 from friends and family but the rest is up to you! Here’s the break down: To bring this nightmare haunted house experience to life will require a $25,000 venue and the construction of a 15,000sqft representation of the Salem Institute complete with props and set with a price tag of $25,000. Three engineers and carpenters will work for 8 hours a day for nearly two weeks, completing the job of what would be a 10-man union stage crew for $3000. Two weeks of lighting work for $1000. Video editing and special effect creation another $2000. $7000 for promotional fliers and signs. $5,000 for print and radio ads. That’s almost $70,000 just to get the doors open.

Once the doors are opened the proceeds used from admission will be used to pay the salaries of over 55 actors and extras, and 14 members of security and general staff.

Over 15 professional actors working 6 hours a day for 40 days for $36,000. Another 40 extras and secondary actors for $10,000.