addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater NYC Rand Paul for President's LibertyHQ Message Board › Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Wall Street

Alan F.
user 4181499
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
There is a sit in going on downtown called Occupy Wall Street. Many of you have probably heard of it and are probably hesitant to support because of its supposed leanings toward the left.

However I would disagree in that they are strictly leftist and I would disagree in keeping our distance. The people there share share many of the same frustrations as those who would be for Ron Paul. I say we will make greater change if we go downtown and become part of the group.

By the way the only presidential candidate or current president mentioned on the posters was Ron Paul. There were a bunch of posters against the Fed as well.
A former member
Post #: 47
I have been there since day one. We need more libertarians here. It's about 30-40% right now. These people are diverse and the General Assembly needs input from people like us. Don't stick your noses up at this opportunity people.
A former member
Post #: 48
btw if you want to attend but keep Ron Paul unassociated, go for it. Who cares as long as you represent the ideals of the constitution and Dr Paul but not his name. I can understand if we don't want to associate the C4L with this Occupation at this premature stage where the demands are not defined. I see nothing but new faces here, and many--a large number of them agree with Dr. Paul. It would be nice if C4L NYC showed some support here and at least hung out.

The general assembly is a form of democracy for the group where issues are voted on every evening. If Ron Paul and Peter Schiff should make a trip down to the Occupation and give a speech in support, would you then show support yourself?

Dr. Paul can't do everything for us.