Title: VP of Engineering, B2C Health Management Mobile Apps Start-Up
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We are working with a well-funded start-up mobile apps company with a premier management team and VC backing to help fill their Vice President of Engineering. The company is already generating revenue and is well on their way to becoming a key player in the world of B2C health management. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE TO MOVE TO CA IS AVAILABLE for this opening!
* Technology currently being built is cloud-based (EC2) and built in Ruby on Rails with a MySQL database
* Lead an Engineering team of 10 people (currently)
* Recruit, mentor, and grow the Engineering team as the company grows
* Work closely with others on the Executive team to continue to strategize and grow the company and brand
Our VP of Engineering has 3 key job functions, listed in order of importance below:
* MUST HAVE - strong architecture skills and experience in building innovative, scalable and secure interactive consumer web services. Someone who can define AND build the architecture to scale from 3,000 to 300,000 users in a migratory fashion.
* MUST HAVE - strong hands-on RoR coding skills. We think that the best way to lead is by doing. Our VP of Engineering is a coder who loves to code and will tackle complex coding/architectural tasks along with assisting the in-house team in best methods, algorithms, etc.
* NICE to HAVE - project/developer management skills. Our VP of Engineering will have an interest in management and be personable, and ideally will have a proven track record of managing small, productive developer teams.
* Minimum 4 year degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from top tier university. Master's level education is preferred
* Minimum 7 years web software development experience
* Minimum 3 years hands-on Ruby coding experience
* Proven experience in architecting growing, scalable consumer-facing interactive web sites. You should be able to show us the sites that you built sites and sites where you led development.
* Desire/ability to lead and manage a small team of highly productive developers
* Relocation Assistance is available
We look forward to working with you in a private and professional manner. We ask the following of you:
* Resumes MUST be submitted as a Word document to [address removed]
Technical and Tech/Business Recruiting Since 1979
BE SURE TO FOLLOW NDT ON THESE SOCIAL SITES: