Route 9 Ruby Group Message Board › July Meeting Thread - 2007.07.25

July Meeting Thread - 2007.07.25

A former member
Post #: 46
Here's our thread for July's meeting!

Add any comments, topic requests, suggestions or lightning talks you'd like to have here!

Information and directions can be had in this thread: http://ruby.meetup.co...­

The (very loose) agenda is still to be determined, but may include.

• Introduction and annoucements
  • Lightning discussions
  • Help Requests
  • Presentations (Kwala among others)
  • Common Discussion
  • Translocate to a food/beverage establishment and schmooze

If you have anything you would like to contribute/share/question/rant/wrangle/a­nnounce contact the organizer or reply to this thread.

You should also read this thread.

Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey folks,

Any ideas on topics/presentations for next week's meeting? Just curious : )

If the floor's open to submissions... Having been investigating Erlang a bit this summer, I think http://rubyforge.org/...­ is pretty nifty-looking... would anyone be interested in hearing/chatting about it if I gave it a serious look and maybe produced a few slides?

-Jason
A former member
Post #: 49
Hey there Jason,

Sorry for the silence...I'm on vacation. :) The floor is completely open, you can present on anything ruby related.

The agenda for tonight is pretty plain, we'll finish early and people can clump/migrate out for food and drink as they wish.

I'll post the agenda shortly.

-L
A former member
Post #: 2
No problem! Unfortunately I've been a bit busy lately, and didn't get a chance to put something together. Regardless, I look forward to meeting folks and talking Ruby :)

Jason

P.S. Are these message boards the preferred method of communication, or is there a preference for the mailing list? Thanks!