RailsMN -- Rails for Beginners Message Board meetup-group-MnBGdtFV Discussion Forum › How about a mid month hang out and code event?

How about a mid month hang out and code event?

A former member
Post #: 29
Just tossing this out there, how about getting together on a Monday two weeks from now to hang out and code? I imagine a similar setting to the meeting tonight, except bring your own food/drink, hang out somewhere, and everyone can work on whatever projects they have going? I'm more than happy to commit to being on hand to mentor.
Chris
user 78083512
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3
Absolutely. I am in.
Dan
user 13027355
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Absolutely. CB would be happy to host it, but per Forrest's point, probably not for more than 30 people. Otherwise, we could have a meetup at the Uptown Tea Garden. Wednesday's are slower evenings there. I'm open to anything.
A former member
Post #: 32
Dan,

I've created http://www.meetup.com...­

I wanted to set the same end time as last night, but it won't show me those details. I am also unable to set a limit on participants, but I would expect a fairly low number until folks get more comfortable.

Let me know if the date/time don't work.

-Joel
Dan
user 13027355
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
Hey Joel, I do not want to officially do anything without Weston and Derek endorsing it. They are the real leaders of the Ruby on Rails for Beginners meetup, and I know they already have plans for bi-weekly hacking sessions. I just wanted to contribute as a sponsor for space. Let's get feedback from the other 2 guys.
A former member
Post #: 33
Sounds good, canceled the suggestion.
Derek R.
derekrockwell
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 5
Hey Joel, thanks for the enthusiasm!

I think we'll end up scheduling an event like that soon, Weston and I have both agreed (and echod from feedback) that it would be valuable.

Stay tuned :).
Chris
user 78083512
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 4
... tuned...